“Stay here. You won't be disappointed”
Review of Andaz Savannah

Andaz Savannah
Ranked #14 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed November 12, 2011

I like a hotel with class, comfortable, quiet rooms and and a great location. This is absolutely it. Concierge was very helpful. Staff was super polite and friendly. Rooms were beautiful. We stayed in a lux suite, two rooms, two TVs, huge bathroom, couch, desk, etc. Location was perfect, close to restaurants and walking distance to anywhere in the historic district. No ther place we walked by looked nearly as nice for the price.

Room Tip: Take the Luxe suit. Worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 11, 2011

I have a thing for Boutique hotels and I admit I'm a hotel sob but if I'm going to pay a premium rate I expect premium service. I got more than I expect at the Avia. I got a very reasonable rate and received awesome service, hotel
Accommodations, location was great, love the pool area and decor. No complaints from this sob...I was highly impressed and plan to go back soon along with visiting their other properties!

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed November 10, 2011

The Avia is right in the heart of the historic district. The city tram/tour/visitor kiosk is right across the street. Much of the historic district is easily accessible just by walking. The staff at this hotel was outstanding, very helpful. For breakfast you can walk up to the chef and ask for custom-cooked dishes including an outstanding shrimp & grits or just about anything else. Parking is easy underground. We stayed a full week, were in town site-seeing for about 3 days then off of Hilton head, off to Jeyll Island, off to the Okefenoke Wildlife. We went the first week of April so the weather was perfect.

Room Tip: overlooking the square is nice. We looked down on Paul Deen's restaurant across the street
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Avia November 2011. The hotel property as well as our guest suite were perfectly clean. The rooms were very nicely appointed, the free motion shower head was great, and the bed was the most comfortable of any I've ever slept.

We loved the fire pit in the evening for relaxing.

We made a call to guest services for forgotten toothpaste. We were pleased that a convenience kit arrived at our door inside of two minutes.

Everything about our stay was just right. I would give this hotel my highest recommendation. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Floor 2 has the pool, fitness center, and access to the fire pit!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2011

This is by far the best hotel that I have ever stayed in. It had exceptionally nice rooms and customer service. The front desk staff were the epitome of southern hospitality. The rooms were spacious, and the roof top pool area was a nice addition. In a great location to be able to walk to river street and enjoy a night of fun. The breakfast was also superb! I will definitely recommend to anyone visiting Savannah.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2011

This hotel is in a perfect location with one of (if not the) best hotel staffs my wife and I have ever encountered. It is an exceptionally run hotel. That said, it had two major physical flaws that we could not overlook. We were upgraded to the Ellis Square Studio on the second floor upon check in. On the hotel's website, I had assumed that noting that a room has a "walk in shower" meant "in addition to a bathtub", not "in lieu of". My wife loves her baths, so we asked to be moved to a Lux One Bedroom. The wonderful girl at the front desk took the time and effort to walk us to one of only two Lux rooms available. Unfortunately, it was directly across from the construction on the south side of the hotel. We chose no bathtub over construction noise. Second, the balconies are too small to be useful, so they are mostly decorative. However the "plantation shutters" do open to let in some fresh air. Unfortunately, they also let in every bit of noise from the street when closed and are located about three feet from the head of the bed. People (LOUD people) hang out in Ellis Square drinking until about 3am. They also use Barnard Street to get to and from the river. I didn't get to sleep until 3am on Friday and Saturday night due to the noise. The cherry on this sundae was the lousy two cup coffee maker (it distributes the water unevenly between the two cups) and the below average coffee provided for it. Lack of sleep and a crappy cup of coffee is no way to begin the day when on vacation. It's very aggravating to write this review as this should be (and could be) an absolutely stellar hotel. But it's not . . .

Room Tip: Lux One Bedroom if you want a bathtub. North or east side for view without noise - about 3/4 of the...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank ddd1011
Reviewed November 1, 2011

The Avia in Savannah is a wonderful place to stay.

I have never experienced such a friendly and helpful staff in any other hotel. I highly recommend the Avia.

This will be the only place we will stay when we are in Savannah.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business