“Great location”

Eliza Thompson House Savannah
Ranked #5 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This Inn is in a great location in the historic Victorian district. The wine and cheese and deserts/coffee in the evening was a nice touch and the full breakfast in the courtyard patio in the mornings was fantastic! The bed was a little high but had a stairstep to get into it. I stayed in one of the courtyard rooms in back,not the main house which I think I would prefer. There are some stairs to manage so that could be an issue if you need special accomendations.

Room Tip: Back in the courtyard on the second floor would be my preference. The breakfast is right outside the...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Eliza Thompson House Savannah

Reviewed October 1, 2013

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Eliza Thompson House. The staff was every welcoming and friendly. Erin and the two bellman took good care of us! The innkeeper was friendly and personable. We found the location was superb, quiet and centrally located. We were a short walk from all the city has to offer and we felt we picked the best location possible.

Our room was spacious and bright, we stayed in Eliza's master bedroom. It's the J.Stephen room with a lovely lace canopy bed, separate sitting area and lovely views of the courtyard and of jones street. The fireplace was non-working but added a nice touch in this lovely well cared for home. We loved the courtyard and being able to mingle with other guests. Beats the big box hotels any day!

Breakfast was good. We had a fantastic quiche and good biscuits. We enjoyed the grits and bacon too. Wine and cheese was good, the dessert even better (oh my chocolate cake!)
We will be back to stay again!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank ReedJus
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We spent only one night here. Our room was very comfortable and homey. The paintings on the walls were classic and enchanting. Our bed was high up but very comfortable. The wine and cheese at 5:30 were a plus as was a complementary dessert later on. The breakfast was good with bacon, sausage, and eggs as well as the usual things. The employees are charming notably Brandon who helped us find a parking spot. The hotel is located in the old section and convenient to all. We stayed in room 131 which is on the 2nd floor in the front and the internet there was occasionally intermittent and the signal weak. Also, there was some noise from the street at night.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My girlfriend. and I decided to take a road trip and go to Savannah for the weekend. We arrived at 11pm and were greeted by the staff like we were old family coming home for a visit. The rooms we had were perfect. They were spacious and quiet. Breakfast in the courtyard area was a perfect way to start the day. And drinks in the afternoon were a great way to end our day. The location is ideal with many unique shops close by that any visitor would be tempted to stimulate the local economy. It also is located in a quiet area so there is no noise that could disrupt a good night sleep. We definitely will be back with more girlfriends and maybe we'll bring the husbands too!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Cwilsey
Reviewed September 28, 2013

My wife and I investigated various places to stay at in Savannah for our anniversary. It was our first experience in a bed and breakfast and we absolutely loved it. The food, service and environment were everything we were hoping it would be. It was very quiet and relaxing at night. We would definitely stay at the Eliza Thompson House again.

Room Tip: The courtyard room was very private and pretty view of the plants and Koi fish from the third floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Eliza Thompson House. I took my mom to Savannah for a "thank you" trip. We booked a room with two double beds. We were a little disappointed and worried when we got a street-level room - but it ended up totally fine. We were never awoken by street noise or by people going into the courtyard via the gate next to our door.

The room itself was huge, though the bathroom was small (expected and not a big deal). My nitpickiest comment is that since there aren't that many plugs in the room - at least not close to one of the beds - I wish the alarm clock was one that had a plug in it so I could put my phone there.

The breakfast was good, though we skipped it a couple of days since we'd been eating large lunches.

The staff was incredibly nice and helpful. The wine and appetizers in the evening were awesome as well. And you absolutely cannot beat the location - do not stay close to the river, we greatly preferred being out in the middle of the historic district.

Overall we highly recommend it!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank cmjnc
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We recently stayed at Eliza Thompson House during our visit to the wonderful city of Savannah. We spent a lot of time researching places to stay and were so happy with our choice, this place surpassed all of the great reviews and comments we read. First of all, the location is great and it's a easy walk to most attractions and places to eat. Our room was located right off of the main hallway and I was very pleasantly surprised that our room was quiet and we were not affected by the noise of other guests coming and going. Our room and beds were both very comfortable and clean. There is one improvement I would suggest, there was only one useable mirror, the one over the bathroom sink. This did make it challenging for 2 girls to get ready in the morning and evening. A floor length would help and I'm sure one could be added that was vintage and decor appropriate. We were able to take advantage of the breakfasts in the morning and the wine and cheese in the afternoons. We even made it for dessert one night. What a bonus to be able to enjoy all of this in the very lovely and tranquil courtyard. The staff was very friendly and helpful and we had no problem finding a parking spot for our car. I will recommend this b&b to all of my friends and hope that some day I will return to Savannah to stay in this lovely property again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends