Eliza Thompson House Savannah
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
1,243 results
All reviewsjones streetwine and cheeseb bbeautiful streetthe main houseother guestsegg casserolegarden courtyarddessert hourhistoric districthomemade dessertsbed and breakfaststreet parkingparking passsouthern hospitalityevening winebreakfast is served
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Perfect spot from which to visit Savannah, a historic and beautiful southern town with welcoming people, because Eliza Thompson House fits the same description. Staff couldn't have been more accommodating. Rooms were clean and cozy. Breakfast delicious. And you can walk everywhere from the location. Great experience and a great value.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I loved loved loved Eliza Thompson House! It was very cute, clean, and cozy. The staff were extremely welcoming, warm and friendly. I loved the breakfasts in the little yard, where we could enjoy the breakfast while reading a newspaper, surrounded by beautiful trees and a cute water fountain. The location was superb, and very close to all the attractions, but not in the heart of it all (a few minutes away), which was great to get away from all the hustle and bustle of the river street. We really enjoyed the evening wine and cheese gatherings, where we got to mingle with the other guests, as well as sweets and coffee/tea hour. After going out, my boyfriend and I would come back to the house and hang out in the main living room, talking to either the staff or other guests, while enjoying a nice sherry. Overall, the next time I go to Savannah, I will stay at ETH again. It was my first time in Savannah and ETHouse definitely contributed to creating very fond memories of the place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My husband and I were celebrating our 10 year anniversary and I wanted to stay somewhere different than places we have stayed in the past. I thought a Bed and Breakfast would be nice and distinctly different. I will have to say my first time at a B&B was amazing. I loved the charm of the place and the people that worked there. We were greeted by the Inn Keeper and was showed around the place by the Bell Person. We also were given a beautiful room- J. Stephen room which is actually their largest room. It was nicely appointed and had a whirlpool tub. The extra touches also made a big difference- wine, cheese, and snacks in the afternoon, desserts and coffee in the evening, and breakfast in the morning. The breakfast was wonderful and in a beautiful courtyard setting. I would definately return to this place.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the Whirlpool tub
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stayed in Room 129 at the far end of the first landing - I hear it is the last of the courtyard rooms that is decorated in a different theme - cozy, with a old safari theme, four-poster bed,etc. found it very quiet, didn't hear people in the other rooms at all. Good to be at end, so people weren't walking by windows all the time - as all rooms face out onto landing. Don't think I would want a room on the courtyard level, less private, particularly when breakfast being served. Room was clean, AC worked well, nice towels and toiletries.
Breakfast included. Serve yourself. Not a fancy sit down breakfast as you may find in some B&B, but this is a bigger Inn. Eggs, sausages, potatoes, grits, muffins, yogurt, fruit, cereals - good choices and plenty.
Staff is very friendly and helpful, and quick to respond if there are any questions or concerns. A couple of great restaurant recommendations as well.
Evening wine and cheese gathering and desserts with coffee in the late evening, nice touch. Brings the guests together and gives you a chance to talk and share experiences, recomendations etc. nice to have the wine and cheese to fill the gap,before a late dinner.
Location is perfect - in the historic district. Easy to walk everywhere. Close to free DOT service. Close to some local restaurants if you want something closer.
A couple staying there have come back every year, they enjoy it so much. There were a few regulars. I would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: 3 levels - upper level would provide most privacy vs courtyard level. Liked being at the end of the landing. Did not stay in the main house so can not comment.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My friends and I stayed here over the Labor Day weekend. I can highly recommend the Eliza Thompson House. My friends like B&Bs and I like hotels. This was the perfect combination of both, my friends got the charm of a B&B and I got my full maid service. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends