1,313 results
All reviews honeymoon suite chef james tray service other guests garden room forsyth park working fireplace bed and breakfast evening dessert historic district clawfoot tub the main house southern hospitality hors d'oeuvres carriage house private balcony quiet street
Selected filters
Reviewed June 18, 2019

Beautiful and well maintained treasure in Savannah's historic district. We were in the honeymoon suite and the accommodations were princely. The breakfast is amazing and the staff goes out of their way to make your stay a pleasant one.
Easy walking distance from some of the city's finest historic attractions.

Room tip: There are two houses comprising the property. The house without the kitchen and common areas will be quieter.
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Gastonian, Guest Relations Manager at The Gastonian, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear D9975AT,

Thank you so much for sharing about your stay with us. I am so glad you got to enjoy the splendor of the Honeymoon suite! It is certainly our most decadent room. I am glad the food and service did not disappoint and that you found everything to do here in close proximity.

We hope to see you again for a longer visit next time!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed June 18, 2019

Clean food is tremendous the air is working great it’s 110 year old building service is excellent relaxing so relaxing it’s beautiful it’s old school it’s affordable it’s hitting on all cylinders a well oiled machine

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Clememtlisitski,

Thank you so much for reviewing us! We definitely agree, The Gastonian looks great for a 151 year old lady! I am glad you enjoyed the food, service and relaxing atmosphere.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed June 17, 2019

My husband and I recently spent 2 nights at The Gastonian after his return from a deployment overseas. We stayed in one of the Lincoln Street rooms which was perfectly private, quiet, and comfortable. We enjoyed being able to step right out onto the street and walk to dinner a few blocks away. The breakfast was wonderful and the staff went out of their way to assure we had everything we needed. Their biscuits were some of the best I've ever had! We look forward to staying there again on our next trip to Savannah!

Dear Jack R,

I am so glad we able to be even just a small part of your special trip! Thank your husband so much for his service and we hope the Gastonian was a relaxing and refreshing home away from home!

We hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed June 10, 2019

The hotel was perfect. We stayed in the Carriage House for 2 nights and in the main house for 1 night. The staff went out of the way to make us feel welcome and cater to our needs. The location is great and we walked everywhere we wanted to go. Would definitely stay again. Breakfast was a bonus and looked forward to dessert and wine in the evening.

Room tip: Carriage house was wonderful. It is more private since you have to access it from a separate entrance. Felt more secluded and romantic.

Dear mother49,

I am so glad you shared about your stay with us! I love the carriage house and am glad you did too. We have limited rooms so sometimes guests have to change rooms during their stay. I am glad that went seamlessly for you all. We try to make it as convenient as possible, moving everything for you while your out to lunch or touring the city.

I am glad the location, staff, breakfast and afternoon/evening goodies were so well received.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed June 6, 2019

The Gastonian is so much more than a bed and breakfast! An immaculate, historic home offering incredible ambiance and service that is second-to-none. We thoroughly enjoyed our interactions with every guest and staff member, and were spoiled by the delicious meals, appetizers and desserts we indulged in daily. Couldn't recommend more highly!

Date of stay: May 2019

Dear jaimelmrno,

Thank you so much for sharing about your stay with us! I am so glad the beauty and grace of the Gastonian spoke to you the way it does us. I am also so very glad everyone here took such great care of you all.

I hope to see you again.

Warmest Regards,