1,122 results
All reviewshoneymoon suiteother guestschef jamesworking fireplacegarden roomhistoric districtevening dessertbed and breakfastforsyth parkshared balconysouthern hospitalityclawfoot tubthe main housemade to order breakfastquiet streetcarriage househors d'oeuvres
Reviewed July 14, 2017

Lovely hotel, with several little extras like appetizers and wine put out in the lobby. Be prepared for a couple flights of stairs at both the entrance and to get to your room. Full breakfast included, and they'll even deliver to your room for no extra charge.

However, the breakfast delivery showed up 10 minutes earlier than I'd ordered it while I was in the shower, and the front desk called my room half an hour before that (before my alarm!) to confirm the order. Given that I'd placed the order directly with staff the day before when I checked in, this seemed unnecessary.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
Gastonian, General Manager at The Gastonian - A Boutique Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2017

Oh my goodness! Please accept my apology for the mishap with your delivery. It is a constant process to time these deliveries correctly and we failed horribly with yours. I have gone over procedures with the kitchen and desk staff, and they assure me they will be more precise.
I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. I am glad that your stay overall was nice. I hope you will come back and let us try again.
Safe travels always,
Laura Hammond
Innkeeper

Reviewed July 13, 2017

We stayed here last month, on a short visit to Savannah. We'd wanted a 'old style' inn, with classic style and southern charm- and the Old Gastonian fulfilled our dreams and more. Where to start...the gorgeous, spacious bedrooms; the wonderfully warm and genuine welcome from all the staff; waking to the smell of freshly made scones (biscuits) in the morning before sitting down to breakfast cooked right in front of you in the kitchen; the wine and canapes in the evening, with dessert later on, which gave your the chance to mingle with the other guests; the great location.

One the best places we've every stayed in. If you're going to Savannah, you should definitely book your stay here.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2017

My wife and I went to Savannah for our honeymoon, and were able to book two different rooms in the Gastonian for our 5-day stay. We were extremely pleased. From breakfast on the balcony to a comfortable bed at night, we couldn't recommend it enough.

Everything about the Gastonian was ideal - the house, our rooms (the Eli Whitney and Carriage House), and all the decor were lovely; the staff was excessively friendly and very hospitable; the breakfast was delicious and varied; the amenities (turndown service, refreshments) were fantastic. The location is also great - right next to Forsyth Park, and no more than a 20 minute walk to the extremes of the historic district.

We had a lovely honeymoon and can't wait to get back there soon!

Room Tip: All the rooms look great!
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
Gastonian, Front Office Manager at The Gastonian - A Boutique Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words! We can't wait until you return and again congratulations on your marriage. We wish you a lifetime of happiness!!

Reviewed July 11, 2017

Room was light and airy and we loved having our breakfast out on the balcony. We enjoyed being serenaded by the frogs one of the stormy nights we were there. Staff was very friendly and helpful. They do not serve dinner which is not a problem in Savannah, and breakfast was good. One great thing about this hotel was that it was not in the thick of all the tourist attractions, but close enough to walk to almost everything. For good coffee, go to Savannah Coffee Roasters on Liberty Street.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing the Gastonian for your stay in Savannah! The frogs are the part of the family that we hate to love! We take great pride in providing exceptional service to our guests. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

I chose Gastonian for the bed and breakfast. It was a very pleasant experience, appreciate the tasty breakfast and tea time. Our room featured a clawfoot tub, which i enjoyed. Will definitely return and recommend the place to my colleagues.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple

We can't wait to have you back! Thank you for the recommendation to your family and friends! We hope to see you again in the future and thank you for choosing the Gastonian!