The Gastonian - A Boutique Inn
  • Restaurant
The DeSoto(Savannah)
Ballastone Inn(Savannah)
  • Pool
The Kehoe House - A Boutique Inn(Savannah)
1,020 results
All reviewshoneymoon suiteother gueststray serviceworking fireplacegarden roomevening dessertbed and breakfastforsyth parkhistoric districtshared balconygaston streetclawfoot tubquiet streetsouthern hospitalityhors d'oeuvresmade to order breakfastthe main house
Reviewed March 21, 2014

The Gastonia is an okay property, but for the price, it is not worth the money! This bed and breakfast has only mediocre food. We have stayed at several B&B's across the country and expect to be given foods we would not typically make at home. That is not the case for The Gastonian. The attitude of the some of the kitchen staff was surly, and they were also not very organized when guests came in for breakfast. Also, there were places set at the table, but no chairs to sit on.

Savannah has many B&B's to chose from - don't pick this one.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Judy F
Gastonian, General Manager at The Gastonian - A Boutique Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to offer your earnest impressions of your experience at the Gastonian.

I am very sorry that you did not enjoy the food at the Gastonian. It is always our goal to provide our guests with an outstanding Savannah experience, and what you describe does not meet the standards that we aspire to achieve. Please allow me to extend my sincerest apologies for the issues you encountered during your time with us. We have been working on staff training, and in the preceding weeks, I have introduced a new menu that will better our offerings while ensuring our guests still get variety, as well as a taste of the local cuisine. I am confident that our ambitious new menu would delight any palate, and do hope that you will give us the opportunity to rectify this issue.

We have also since replaced the chairs in the dining room. I fear that dining room chairs were broken during your stay, resulting in the place settings with no chairs. We pulled chairs from other rooms for guests to use as needed. This is not to our standards, but sometimes when you are working with antiques, we must make concessions.

I do hope that you will give us an occasion to serve you again in the future. I sincerely appreciate your candor in bringing these issues to our attention so that they may be addressed and improved upon. This is always our goal. If you chose to return to Savannah and the Gastonian, please contact me directly. It would be my pleasure to ensure that your time in Savannah and at the Gastonian is unparalleled in every way.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed March 12, 2014

We live in ohio and my daughter lives in North Carolina so twice a year after vacationing in North Carolina we take the six hour drive to the gastonian we love this bed and breakfast we usually stay in the carriage house the made to order breakfast served to your room on a silver tray makes you feel so special and the food is delicious beverages served all day and snacks in the afternoon also desserts in the evening we love the gastonian and wouldn't stay anywhere else in savannah

Room Tip: Carriage house
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Juliann S
Gastonian, General Manager at The Gastonian - A Boutique Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are honored to be a place of serenity in your travels!

I also love the Carriage House! Its such a private and intimate little space, and it has always felt like a mini-suite to me. We hope to see you again, particularly as we have done some updating in your favorite room. We have replaced the floor tiles in the downstairs area and modernized that entry way so that it is a more usable space. The downstairs portion of the Carriage House now contains a sofa sectional, so that our guests can really enjoy that additional room. Of course, we have not made alterations to the upstairs portion, because so many of our guests enjoy the layout of that room. We would not dream of doing a thing to the claw foot tub!

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and it is my sincerest hope that when your travels ever bring you back to Savannah, the Gastonian and its staff will have the pleasure of being your host once again. We will look forward to seeing you again soon!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Gracious location with a genuine southern drawl. Extremely helpful staff, very knowledgeable of Savannah. Delightful breakfast of home baked goods, evening wine w/ hors d'oeuvres and dessert w/ sherry or port - all included in the price of the room.

Room Tip: If stairs are a problem, you need to apprise the hotel staff while reserving so you are booked in a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We were made to feel at home the minute we walked in the door. Food is delicious and plenty of it. Wonderful, friendly staff. Hallie the innkeeper very informative about Savannah. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Hairball1
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We stayed in a superior king room. I found the bathroom to be well below my cleanliness standards. There were long, black hairs in the tub and shower. The shower leaked and had black mold inside and out. There was a decorative pedestal in the room that had large clumps of dust and hair just behind it, the towel rack was the same and the bathtub surface had something sticky all over its surface. The shower door was dirty and streaked. The headboard was so loosely attached to the bed frame that it literally flopped back and forth just walking across the floor past it. The room was noisy from both the street noise and we were just under the main floor kitchen and so were awoke early every morning to the sound of a mixer, dishwasher etc.. The whole combination

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank amprnc-ohio
Gastonian, General Manager at The Gastonian - A Boutique Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your time at the Gastonian. It is always our goal to provide our guests with an outstanding Savannah experience, and what you describe does not meet our standard. I was actually working the desk during your stay, but I don't believe that I saw you during your time at the Inn. It would have absolutely been my pleasure to personally ensure that your room was properly cleaned.

I have since gone through that room and ensure that it was properly cleaned. While I did not find any mold, I did find a few of the details that you mentioned. I cannot thank you enough for bringing these issues to my attention so that I could rectify them. Please allow me to extend my apologies for the housekeeping issues you encountered during your time with us.

It is my sincerest hope that you will give us an occasion to serve you again in the future, so that we may have an opportunity to correct our mistakes and ensure that you see the Gastonian at its finest. If you chose to do so, please contact me directly. It would be my pleasure to ensure that your time in Savannah and at the Gastonian is unparalleled in every way.

Again, please accept our apology, and know that we are committed to providing an excellent experience for you during your next stay with us.

Best regards,