The Gastonian - A Boutique Inn
  • Bar/Lounge
$169
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Central Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
$81
$214
$200
  • Restaurant
River Street Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
$199
$430
$230
Orbitz.com
1,016 results
All reviewshoneymoon suiteother gueststray serviceworking fireplacegarden roomevening dessertbed and breakfastforsyth parkhistoric districtshared balconygaston streetclawfoot tubquiet streetsouthern hospitalityhors d'oeuvresmade to order breakfastthe main house
Reviewed May 14, 2013

My daughter and I just returned from 4 nights at the Gastonian over Mother's Day and I would like to highly recommend this lovely B and B. There are many reviews and pictures describing the house and the services. I would just like to spend my words praising the staff, particularly Walter and Lance and the breakfast cooks. We always looked forward to coming home from site seeing at 4 to hear Walter's welcome and offer of a cool drink. Lance helped us each day to book our dinners and plan our time and the folks in the kitchen prepared wonderful breakfasts, hors d'oeuvres and evening sweets. We truly felt at home there. Thanks to all of you-we will be back.
Savannah is a truly incredible place to visit and the Gastonian is our home away from home

Room Tip: There are only two rooms with two beds per room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

The Gastonian Inn was wonderful. Stayed in Oglethorpe Penthouse and found it to be superb. Service from kitchen was perfect. Terrific food.. .even bought cookbook of recipes served there. Walter is the best. Took care of all details.can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank carney261
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed there for our elopement wedding and they managed it beautifully, even with the bad weather and all. They know what they are doing. Extremely comfortable beds. We stayed in the honey moon sweet Caracala and the Jean Pierre Lafayette: Superior King. Both very nice, and roomy. It was great to take a wonder full bath and relax. We took our breakfast in our room and in the dinning room, both were good. A very nice stay and great location. You won't go wrong staying here.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed at the Gastonian for our 10th anniversary and was highly recommended by some friends. I am so glad we chose this B & B! Amazing service from the moment we arrived til the moment we left. Truly felt welcomed:) Food was amazing! I could literally eat several servings of the cheese grits! You won't go hungry! From the cocktail hour and desserts to the little treats on the pillow.....Lance from concierge was so helpful! The staff is truly amazing and you must stay here!!!!!

Room Tip: There are 2 houses, the main house and the carriage house. We stayed in the carriage house on the 2nd floor in the General Monk Hunter room it is at the end of the hall close to the outside stairs and had a working fireplace.
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The best way to sum this place up is the title - I said and thought "WOW" a dozen times while coming, staying, and leaving the Gastonian. A quick bit of background on us: my husband and I are in our early 30s and this was our first trip to Savannah. We're from Boston, and I'd consider us almost-foodies (really close, but not 100% chef-knowledgeable)! Also, for me, where I stay in a city really affects my visit - I am 100% sure that I fell in love with Savannah not just because of its own charm, but because my first introduction to it was walking into the Gastonian lobby and then our room, and being wow-ed right off the bat.

First - the G itself: gorgeous, light, bright atmosphere - parlor, kitchen, living room area (for lack of a better word) on the first floor when you first walk in - and sheer elegance! (Not over the top gawdy elegance!) I just felt incredible from the second we walked in.

Our Room: Amazing! Huge! Gorgeous! We teased that we were going back to our "apartment" after sightseeing. The working fire place and "shared" balcony (that we actually had all to ourself and which we used for appetizers and dessert) really put this room over the top. Also, double sinks a HUGE plus. Another WOW was how clean our room was every afternoon. I mean, I expect the room to be clean, but Shawn Tray (thanks, girl!) did a really spectacular job - it was like we were walking in for the first time every time we came back. Again, a wonderful feeling. Oh, and turn-down service with fresh-baked cookies on your pillows!

The people: Lovely lovely! When we came in for afternoon appetizers, cold water and coffee was offered (much appreciated, Walter!), in addition to the appetizers and wine they had set out. The women who checked us in and out were lovely, too. Just wonderful.

The food: breakfast is really fantastic. It is not just a plain breakfast - you have several options, and they were really very good. And the coffee is good coffee! (I think that's almost impossible to get in B&Bs, hotels, etc., so I was really pleasantly surprised and thankful for that!) Also, fantastic apps and wine in the afternoon. The G doesn't just throw some mediocre food on a plate to offer you just anything - they had lovely appetizers and good wine. The port and sherry and dessert were also fantastic, and one of my favorite things. One night we sat in the parlor and enjoyed these treats, another night, we went onto our balcony.

The location: about 1.5 blocks from Forsyth Park - which I LOVED. I woke up each morning and ran a couple miles around the park (I'm not even a runner). It's set in the Victorian district, I think (definitely double-check if this is important to you), and everything around it is just stunning.

The only thing bad I can say is that this place will set your expectations so high, the next place you stay can only disappoint. (This happened to us! The place we stayed in Charleston (the John Rutledge Inn) did not have any wow factor - and was $140 more a night.)

I dream of going back to Savannah mostly so I can stay at the Gastonian again. It was just an unbelievably wonderful stay.

Thank you so much, G employees - you started our southern vaca off in the best way imaginable, and we appreciate it so much!

Room Tip: Julia Scarborough room was amazing! Working fireplace, "shared" balcony, huge bathroom, double sinks!!! Amazing!
2  Thank Jrlisak