“Ballastone (a premier place to stay)”
Review of Ballastone Inn

Ranked #11 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
A TripAdvisor Member
“Ballastone (a premier place to stay)”
Reviewed November 30, 2005

We spent three superb nights at Ballastone. Everything was
spectacular - the ambiance, the staff, the warm and inviting
rooms, the food, right down to the last moment of departure
we were treated like royalty.

If you are a Porsche enthusiast,let Jim know; he "loves"
sharing his adventures with his Boxster S.

We certainly plan another trip to Savannah in the Spring
and will be staying at Ballastone!

Curt and Teresa

• Stayed November 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Georgia
Reviewed October 31, 2005

Very disappointed with our stay at this Inn. Bathrooms are small and dark and in need of repair. Bedroom area seemed nice until we found an article of clothing not belonging to either of us. Breakfast was cold and small portions considering the other Inn's we have stayed in. For the money I spent to stay at this Inn, I feel that these conditions were inexcusable. Too many Inn's in this area to pay outrageous price for substandard conditions.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
4 Thank fyiguy
SeeSavannah, Guest Relations Manager at Ballastone Inn, responded to this review, June 27, 2011
Regarding your 2005 visit. The Ballastone Inn was built in the 1830's and does have the characteristics of a building built during that time. We have done an excellent job of restoring and decorating the inn, while also maintaining the historic quality throughout, as do the other truly Historic Inns here in Savannah. Our breakfasts include Chefs Choice (a hot breakfast prepared to order), homemade granola, delicious oatmeal, toast, biscuits, breakfast breads, yogurt, juices, coffee, tea, and more. Our breakfast are very popular with our guests. We regret that you were unhappy with your 2005 experience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again.

wilmot, wi
Reviewed October 12, 2005

This place is a gem! It might not have original paintings or antiques all over the walls but it is decorated extremely tastefully with replicas of period pieces. Wonderful staff, delicious breakfasts! The rooms are comfortable and clean. The location could not be better...one of the most beautiful strees in all of Savannah and located almost in the center of the historic district.

2 Thank dolly2377
Reviewed October 7, 2005

My sister and our spouces took my Mom and Dad to Savannah for my Mom's 80th Birthday. The stay at Ballastone was perfect for the family. The facility is, of course extremely attractive and well appointed. The rooms are big and comfortable, but the greatest part of the Ballastone was the service. From the owner, with whom I enjoyed many discussions, to the local students who work in the Inn, all were pleasant, helpful and enjoyable to talk with. The food was excellent with great service. I know that the cost is somewhat high, but we thought it was well worth it.

• Stayed September 2005
Reviewed September 10, 2005

I stayed at the Ballastone for a quick weekend retreat. The hotel itself is beautiful and I liked the way my room looked. The bathroom however was not a clean as it could have been. I had a room at street level which was a mistake. The noises from the street and from people walking upstairs seemed to go on all night long. The breakfast was a joke. 5-star hotels give you bigger portions. The food was cold and the english muffin that -what was supossed to be - eggs benedict was served on was hard as a rock. The eggs benedict looked like a smashed up hard boiled egg. For the price -- I definitely feel I got ripped off. There are plenty of other, nicer, places to stay at in Savannah.

• Stayed February 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Regarding your February 2005 visit: Having a guest dissatisfied for any reason is not acceptable if it can be prevented. The Ballastone Inn’s staff and owners take a lot of pride in providing the best in guest experiences. We apologize that your experience at The Ballastone Inn in February 2005 was such a difficult one. Hopefully, we will have the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed August 14, 2005

We stayed at the Ballastone Inn for three days and had a fantastic time. I am a slow -slow walker and have to use a cane. I also brought my scooter that I use if I have to walk any distance(more than one block). I picked the Ballastone because they have an elevator for the four story building. Yhis was the only Inn to have one. Originally, I didnt pay much attention but I later found that the Inn is also the only one in the Historic District with off-street parking. The only steps I had to climb were the three steps from the entrance to the elevator. I stored the scooter in the Inn and the staff carried it up and down the steps. The staff was exceptional assisting us in making this trip very enjoyable. The breakfast varied each day and was excellent. The Inn was much more than a Bed and Breakfast and was comparable to a small intimate hotel. If you are handicapped or just a slow walker this is the place for you. If you want to be pampered and spoiled this is also the place for you.

CORAOPOLIS
Reviewed July 7, 2005

On a recent trip to Savannah, my family and I were on a tour of the city when the tour bus drove past the Ballastone Inn and pointed out that many well known celebrities stayed at this particular Inn. Everybody oohhed and aaahhed! So after the tour my family and I walked back to the Ballastone to have a look around. When we got there, another family was also looking around the outside of the Inn. However, on the door was a sign stating that only guests of the Inn were permitted in the lobby area. We were disappointed that we couldn't go inside to look around when the dest clerk saw us and came running over, opened the door and invited us all in to have a look around the public area! He even gave us an impromtu tour and told us some tales of the celebrities that stayed there! Needless to say, we thought that this was a great gesture and, even though we weren't guests at the Inn, the staff made the little visit a wonderfull experience. If they treat people off the street this nice, they probably treat their guests like gold!

Stayed June 2005