“Ballastone is tops!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ballastone Inn
Ranked #17 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
“Ballastone is tops!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2004

My Husband & I recently traveled to Savannah to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary, and staying at the Ballastone made it all the more special! The accomodations were spectacular - we stayed in the Sorgum Cane room; very spacious & the bed was the best I have ever slept in on vacation! Staff was very attentive to all our needs -from letting me use their computer to print out our airline check-in tickets so I didn't have to wait in line at airport, to making all our dinner reservations for us - their suggestions were superb! I would highly recommend the Old Pink House restaurant be first on your list.
We have wonderful memories of our few days spent at the Ballastone - from the scrumptious full breakfast to start the day, to the afternoon lemonade - delicious! - to the brandy at turn-down service, they truly deserve a 5-star rating.
We definitely have on our list to return to the Ballastone in future visits to Savannah.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2004

We knew the Ballastone would be nice, but the Inn turned out to be even more than we expected. The staff was wonderful, spending as much time as needed to help us arrange our dinners and tours. Their dinner suggestions were right on. The Inn itself is wonderful, located within walking distance of most everything you want to see. We stayed in the "Peach" Room and were very happy with the accomodations. The breakfasts were first rate, as was the afternoon tea. We will defintely be back.

Jonesboro, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2004

This was a get away gift from my wife and our first visit to Savannah and I can't think of a better way to get initiated to the city. The service, food, rooms and atmosphere were superb. I highly recommend the China Trade room; excellent. We will definitely be back.

Croton-on-Hudson, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2004

The service was extraordinary at the Ballastone Inn. They anticipated your every need. The breakfasts were superb! Indeed the best I have ever had anywhere. The staff was incredibly helpful. I stayed at the Sorgum Cane. I must say, the bed was so comfortable, I haven't slept like that in years. I coming back.

• Stayed July 2004
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Enid B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2004

My wife and I just spent two wonderful days at the Inn. There simply aren't words to describe the facility. If one expects five star treatment you will be in the right place. I have not had all that TLC since I married and left my Mama. All the staff members offered first class treatment, all one has to do is ask! I definitely will be back, and soon.

• Stayed May 2005
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2004

If you ever want to truly experience the most beautiful, intimate, and romantic inn with the "most outstanding staff" ever, please choose the Ballastone! From the moment we entered the front door and were greeted by Dewayne, we knew we had chosen the most perfect setting for our wedding and honeymoon. We stayed in the beautifully decorated Gazebo Suite, which was our favorite and surprisingly awoke each morning to the ringing of church bells. What more could you ask for? Well, delicious breakfasts, tea at 4 o'clock, cocktails and h'ordeves in the evening, relaxing by the fire, visiting in the courtyard, and a family of wonderful people who truly know the meaning of spoling their guests!! Can't wait to return to Ballastone for our anniversary! Many, many thanks Jim and Jennifer and staff!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2004

An open courtyard with tropical plantings and a fountain where you can relax and enjoy a drink and a smoke if you are so inclined, your choice of teas and freshly baked pastries at 4:00, hot and cold h'ordourves in the bar shortly afterwards, complimentary brandy and port in the evening, an absolutely delicious breakfast served at your choice of locations, including the courtyard and your room, a faint hint of lavender on the table linens, ice in your room when you arrive and every evening afterwards, the best chocolate mint you've ever tasted on your pillow at turndown... these are a few of my favorite things at the Ballastone, and they are the difference between the ordinary and the outstanding. You can expect a friendly and helpful staff of the best caliber to see that your stay is pleasant and relaxing. The owners, Jennifer and Jim Salandi, always seem to be available and willing to suggest interesting places to visit as well as where to eat. I really can't imagine staying anywhere else when I am in Savannah.