“Elvis Lives”

ALWAYS PATSY CLINE starring Hee Haw's Misty Rowe
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I'm just home from vacation in Savannah. I've visited a few times now and each visit the charms of this alluring city draw me in deeper. I love my hometown too, but can't deny that Savannah calls to me. This visit included my first time at the Savannah Theatre. My heart is still a bit aflutter at having been the very lucky girl to be pulled out of her seat and crooned to by the King of Rock. Even if I hadn't been that night's fortunate chosen one, this troupe's spectacular performance just by itself easily earns the five star review. What makes them truly extraordinary, beyond their sensational talent, is not only who they are on stage, but also behind the scenes. They encouraged us, their audience, to join in, endeared themselves to us by addressing us directly as a group, and taking the time to talk to us individually at intermission and after the show. It's important to them that we love it as much as they do. Their passion not only to treat us to a fantastic show, but also to keep alive this historical treasure is infectious. And if that weren't more than enough, their heartwarming support of our current and veteran service men and women will have you head over heels. I hope to visit Savannah often, and can guarantee that each time I'm there at least one night will be spent with the folks at the Savannah Theatre.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,048)

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We usually visit Savannah at least 4 times a year, & we would never visit without being entertained by the cast at the Savannah Theatre. Having traveled to many cities around the world & on many cruises I can honestly say the entertainment at the Theatre is absolutely first class. First of all, the cast & crew will make you feel as though you're part of their "family". We have visited with them for approx.10 years & seen all of their shows multiple times, & it never gets tiring to see any of them again. A visit to the Savannah Theatre feels as though we're going home to be with family. We continually are amazed at the level of talent each member shows. Truly amazing !! We visited in Feb. & are going back in April. We have seen all of their shows many times & we never tire of "visiting" with our friends there again. We have 5 weeks before we see them again, & are so looking forward to another visit. The building itself is very historic, which adds to the experience. So amazing that the cast can remember all the various music genres. We would NEVER visit Savannah or the area without being entertained by our friends at the Savannah Theatre. Be sure to wait after the show & meet the cast. Never will you meet a more talented yet down to earth group of entertainers. To meet them in person is well worth the cost of admission alone. A Must See for all members of your group !!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

We attended a performance of Savannah Live at here Savannah theater. The performers were good, I would say "cruise ship" quality and obviously enjoyed there work. The music covered most genres and got us signing along. The theater itself was the only downside. The sight lines weren't very good. The seats are in the process of being replaced and we were seated in the second to last row in the new seats which were comfortable. If we had stayed an additional night in Savannah we would have definitely attended their second production, Jukebox.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Great show with a stellar cast of talented, crowd pleasing performers who provide an action packed evening of music and dancing. From Elvis to Motown to Queen, they cover it all with even a beautifully sung aria thrown in for good measure and a great percussion numb! Would highly recommend this show to anyone looking for a fun night out!

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We recently attended a performance of Jukebox Journeys while in town for four days. The show was fantastic; full of energy and music, and just a great way to spend the evening. These players are definitely professional caliber, and could easily perform in a bigger venue. So much the better for Savannah, as she has another jewel in her crown!

1  Thank BlueandGray13