“Theatre of Great Entertainment!”

Historic Savannah Theatre
Mamma Mia!
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife and I took a day trip to Savannah, Ga and decided to take in a show at the Historic Savannah Theatre, our first time there. It was a wonderful time and experience in which we plan to do again, the cast did a fantastic job and made the show entertaining and fun. My wife also got to be apart of the show and the guys in the show ate her skittles that she mistakingly carried onto stage that will teach her, it was so funny everyone was laughing!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,080)
All reviews
in 114 reviews
"bull street"
in 33 reviews

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We spent three days. Toured the Davenport and Greene houses. The latter is where General Sherman spent 40 days after his march to the sea. Fascinating history!!

I was surprise that the city is somewhat unfriendly to pedestrians. Unfortunately, cars rule.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We were not sure if we should go see a show but several people recommended Savannah Live at this theater. I am so glad we didn't miss it because it was amazing! So good that we went back the next night to see the other show they are running called Jukebox Journey. This show was equally as amazing as the first one. Also if you show them your ticket stub from the first play within 7 days they will sell you the ticket to the second play for half price! I posted on Facebook about the two shows and my cousin commented that she and my aunt did the same thing! The ended up seeing both shows too! The other thing that I loved about this theater is their support of the military families. They have a program where they lower their price for active military and their families to see the show for only $5.00 and go one step further to have a donation box where the public can donate money to buy tickets for those families. I would encourage everyone to put at least one of their shows on your to do list while visiting Savannah.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Like the previous reviewer, we went to the show and loved it so went back the next night. Both were really good. It was the best performance we experienced through out our 30 days touring around the the South. We would recommend it to everyone visiting Savannah