“How is this the #1 attraction???”

Historic Savannah Theatre
Mamma Mia!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I'm sitting in the theater right now, it's admission and I had to write this right now. If I can stop even one person from seeing this then this is a success. First of all this is not a Christmas show. Second of all it's not even really a variety show. It's all singing and dancing and it's not even 2nd rate, it's 10th rate at best. The people are terrible singers and even worse dancers. The show seems like they don't even rehearse. Several times they have forgotten the words, and they are dancing around like they are making it up as they go along. Literally this is just not good. Everyone here is over 80 so maybe that's why this has gotten good reviews in the past but omg it's bad. Second act is starting I hope I survive the misery. Omg more bad singing and dancing. Help! Save me!

8  Thank DeanaLynnSwid
Write a ReviewReviews (3,080)
All reviews
in 114 reviews
"bull street"
in 33 reviews

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Second trip to Savannah, and it's lovely. Stay there if you can and do at least one tour - also walk around as much as you can.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

The Christmas show that this Savannah Theatre puts on is one of the best variety shows I've seen, EVER! I live in Florida and my family in North Carolina...we meet in the middle to celebrate Christmas in Savannah a week before Christmas. Last year was our first year at this show, and we had to attend again this year. It's so entertaining, and TWO HOURS LONG! Even my dad, who typically hates musicals/plays/etc absolutely loves this and INSISTED we go back! It's also the BEST value; I feel like we'd pay 3X the price knowing how great it is!
We did miss the Hispanic cast member from last year, but were still in love with the show ! FIVE STARS, YOU MUST GO SEE IT! If I lived in Savannah, I would surely make a point to see every show they perform.

2  Thank AshleyLew
Reviewed December 20, 2012

If you haven't seen this, you have to go! You may have seen previous Christmas shows, but this excellent cast has changed it up a bit, and it was fresh, yet traditional. This talented group of performers included some new faces, and they were wonderful! Wish everyone could see this show before the holiday season is over!