“Scares me”

21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 142 helpful votes
“Scares me”
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

I have been going to Savannah 5 or 6 times a year for a decade. This bridge is a great backdrop for photos. But I go miles out of the way to avoid driving over it. I am phobic about bridges but there are quite a few I can drive on. This one combines steep with high. Quite a lot of cargo shipping under it so the possibility of a structural hit is high. I do wish someone in reviewing would describe number of lanes, how much buffer there is between lanes and railing. Those things could be helpful to the phobic among us.

9 Thank Taylorcat2us

Chicago, Illinois
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 153 helpful votes
“Architectural wonder”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Beautiful bridge as you arrive into Savannah. Great memorial as the city fight to change its name. Affords some unique views of Savannah as one drives over.

Visited October 2013
Columbia, South Carolina
1,339 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 633 helpful votes
“nice views!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

High bridge spans the Savannah River. Nice views of city below. No walking lane. take it to the convention center. worth a drive over for the views.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank jlantern3
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“A nice bridge.”
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Think of it as a miniature Ravnal Bridge. Nice views of downtown Savannah and the river. You can get a goid view ofcthe bridge itself from River Street and/on one of the river boats.

Visited May 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Awesome-ish”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Let me start by saying I hate bridges especially if they have an arch shape and have a good bit of height and this one has both. I drove over the thing, turned the air blue, and made myself and my husband really glad the kids were at home. That said it's beautiful (especially from a distance) and the few times I looked to the side the views were beautiful. Talmadge will do until we can teleport or something across the water. ;)

Visited March 2013