“Dinner”

Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed September 14, 2011

The food was wonderful and the service was impecable. Atmosphere was very relaxing and the history is interesting which made for a good experience. I do have to say, it is a bit pricey and food of the same caliber can be found elsewhere for much less in other establishments.

1  Thank Linda L

Reviewed September 14, 2011

The food was absolutely great. The atmosphere wonderful. It capped a wonderful day after having gone to the Savannah Theatre to see "Southern Nights."

Reviewed August 31, 2011

This quaint tavern is in the lower level of The Olde Pink House. It is comfortable and historical. We sank into confortable leather arm chairs for an enjoyable dining experience. The menu is the same as the more formal upper level. The food was as good as it gets for those who eat out often. Don't miss the BLT salad with fried green tomatoes and applewood bacon, yum. The she crab soup is delicious with a subtle blend of flavor. If you love grouper, this was some of the best I have had. The manager, Scott, stopped by to make sure that our dinners and service were perfect and they were. I have to believe that this must be the best dining experience in historical Savannah.

Reviewed August 22, 2011

The food was good, but I've had better for less money.
Desserts were very small, don't plan on sharing.
I had`pork tenderloin was good and ample serving.

Reviewed August 21, 2011

While vacationing in Savannah I used trip advisor for reccomendations for food and activities. After 4 failed reccomendations I was hesitant to go anywhere else that I saw had good reviews on here, but we decided to try it out anyway and I'm glad we did. Great atmosphere--Small, intimate, very dark, candelit. I would stop by just to have a drink again because of the atmosphere. We sat at the bar first and later were seated at a table. We started with the artichoke and goat cheese fritters. Those were so so. I would not order those again. Then we had the fried green tomato BLT salad which was recommended by the server. This was featured on the food network show 'the best thing I ever ate.' I definitely fell for the hype. This salad was very good. The bacon on it was amazing and the fried green tomato was good too. Definitely not the best thing I've ever eaten, but still very good. For an entree we had the carmelized onion and sweet potato ravioli. Best thing of the night! What I really liked is the kitchen split all of the dishes we ordered in half and served both my fiancée and I half portions. We were able to split everything we ordered which turned out to be very convenient. We just said we'd be sharing the salad and app and the server generously offered to have everything split in the kitchen. Our server was Kate. She was very Knowledgable and attentive, but not pushy. The food is kind of pricey. Especially if you think you're eating in a tavern. The entrees range from 20 to 40 dollars. If we hadn't split everything I'd probably hve walked out of there thinking I had just spent too much
money. Overall a great experience. I would certainly go back.