“Yummy samples”

Ranked #6 of 83 Shopping in Savannah
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed March 5, 2012

This company was a stop on our Paula Deen tour. We were amazed that we were encouraged to sample EVERYTHING! Every type of cookie is presented in plastic containers with tongs to help yourself. Since all the cookies are about the size of a nickel, you can have many without getting full. Good quality...a little pricey but it is expected at a "famous" location.

There are newer reviews for Byrd Cookie Company

Reviewed December 23, 2011

Wanted to pick up a few extra Christmas gifts, so decided to stop at Byrd Cookie Company. What a surprise! They had a huge showroom with items to choose from - and samples of all their cookies. Wonderful selection, sale items, and very helpful staff.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

What a cool place!! We sampled them all and bought 7 different kinds. Yummo!!! They are cute, flavorful & addicting!! A MUST in Savannah!!

Reviewed October 22, 2011

On my first visit to Savannah I purchased a tin of their cookies at another store! They were very yummy so on this trip I really wanted to visit the store and see where they were made! I was so disappointed! I should have saved the gas and just bought another tin downtown! Although there is a small window to see the bakery you can't see a lot, plus they were done by the time we got there! They do have samples of their cookies that you can try. Staff was over in a corner and when we went to checkout took some searching to find someone to do it! Some of the tins were about a dollar or so cheaper than downtown Savannah but not worth the drive in traffic and the effort to find! I'd find another way to spend a hour and a half!!

Reviewed September 16, 2011

As a local, I regard Byrd as sort of a Savannah Institution. But I guess when the new generation took over this family business -- good manners and customer service went out the door. I have just come from there and was treated so coldly, it will a while before I go back. Cookies are still good, but in this economy, its all about the big picture!

2  Thank JackHy