“Excellent”

and up
Savannah Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour
Ranked #20 of 213 things to do in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: Federal-style home of master builder Isaiah Davenport restored to its early 19th century beauty. Owned and operated by Historic Savannah Foundation.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Excellent”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I've visited the Davenport house on numerous occasions, it's always an enjoyable experience, the tour guides are energetic young women who are knowledgable of the home from the flooring and wallpaper to the home events. For those visiting Savannah I always suggest a trip here.

USA
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Very nice tour”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

The tour guide knew the history of the house which made this one of the better hose tours. Some of the features of the house were very unique and worth viewing.

Savannah, Georgia
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Wonderful look at a more middle-class historic home”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Tour guide was great and so enthusiastic, obviously loved her job. The spiral staircase is so stunning it's hard to believe this home was considered more middle class, until you see the funky gray brick wallpaper that was apparently all the rage back in the day!

Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Christmas Tour: More entertainment, less house”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We went for the Christmas tour. The downstairs half of the tour showed off the beautiful building, decor, and furnishings, and also provided an engaging account of the very different holiday experience. Then we went upstairs, where we were treated to a well-done encounter between two actors who eventually recited "The Night Before Christmas" for us. It was entertaining, but that was the end--no upstairs tour! Personally, I go to a historical house to look at stuff and ask questions, so I was frustrated. On the other hand, I'm sure some people would enjoy that much more than 90 minutes looking at chamber pots and wallpaper, so this might be the perfect choice for you.

Visited December 2013
Dallas, Georgia
5 attraction reviews
“Howdy, Neighbors!”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I love spending time at the Davenport House Museum. I do my best to make each of their special events. The Madeira Tastings, Tea With Mrs Davenport and now I can't wait for the next Early Bird Walking Tour. I'm thrilled at how the museum invests in our next generations by conducting Junior Interpreter Classes, too. It's one of those places I can always count on for a great experience, no matter who I'm touring with, how many in my party and even when I'm by myself and just want to be reminded how lucky Savannah is to have this historic beauty available. Keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing everyone on my next visit.

Visited December 2013