“Have to Admire the Preservation”

Davenport House Museum
$55.00*
Savannah Trolley and Historic Walking Tour Combo
Ranked #21 of 218 things to do in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: Federal-style home of master builder Isaiah Davenport restored to its early 19th century beauty. Owned and operated by Historic Savannah Foundation.
Los Angeles
316 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 246 helpful votes
“Have to Admire the Preservation”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The story of this house, and how it was saved and restored, is very motivating. We purchased the Pioneers in Preservation multi-site pass for $18 which includes admission to Juliette Gordon Low Birthplace, Andrew Low House, and Davenport House Museum. This house was my third favorite. The other people on the tour were kind of fun to hang with. Glad that our admission will support more work and glad we went.

Garland, Texas
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“Very Interesting”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I am so thankful to the ladies of Savannah who worked to preserve this home. It would have been a shame to lose it to a wrecking ball. Though the furnishings are not orginal to the house, they have been carefully selected to match the era. This was the last home we toured while in Savannah and it was interesting to compare it to the homes once owned by the more affluent members of the community. It was fun to imagine living there in the 1820's.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank TrailingR0se
Whippany, New Jersey
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Good Tour”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The tour was okay. There are better ones at the Green Meldrim and Andrew Low houses. The guides could know a little more. Worth doing to see the house that started the restoration movement there if you have time.

trinidad and tobago
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“good house to visit”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

my wife and I visited Davenport House last week, the tour was extremely informative and I recommend it to anyone visiting Savannah
the yellow wallpaper is still enblazened in my mind!!

Savannah, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great House Museum”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Visited the Davenport House Museum yesterday and what a treat! The House is beautifully restored and gave my family a look at the way life was in 1820. The tour guide was super informative and included my children in the talk. I loved the gift shop and the garden has to be one of thee most beautiful I have ever seen. I want to come back when they do a performance in costume.

Visited August 2013