“Excellent story telling and wonderful time!”
Review of Genteel & Bard

Genteel & Bard
Ranked #4 of 165 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: $25 Per Guest - Visit genteelandbard.com for all available tour times and spots - Family & locally owned -Discover Beautiful Savannah with GENTEEL & BARD, Savannah’s premiere storytellers, hosts, and are passionate about all her tales. On Genteel & Bard's GHOST ENCOUNTER TOUR, you’ll discover Savannah’s darkest history, paranormal activity, and her most active locations. It'll entertain and leave you curious about your own accommodations. On Genteel & Bard's SAVANNAH HISTORIC DISTRICT WALKING TOUR, experience Savannah's historic stories and see locations that shaped our country, while enjoying photographs, history, music, architecture, and recorded first account letters of Savannah notables. Our tours take the museum experience outdoors for an unforgettable live story-telling production you don't want to miss. Plus, we're Savannah's only walking tour company that supplies souvenir earbuds for our guests. They work up to 100 ft. (your guide is mic'd) so you can easily hear every word.
Reviewed July 15, 2017 via mobile

We took the ghost tour and it was excellent! I have been dying to take a ghost tour of Savannah and this was just wonderful, and this tour exceeded my expectations. The tour guide was both knowledgeable and an excellent story teller so the tour was incredibly engaging. The detail and drama he brought to a particular story of civil war solider amputees was a total standout and worth the price of the tour alone. Detail, charm, knowledge, and expert craftsmanship... this tour was great and I would highly recommend it!

TC M, Owner at Genteel & Bard, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2017

Hi Megan,

Thank you for your excellent review! I'm so happy our tour exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed it. I agree that the Civil War soldier's time in Savannah is chilling with incredibly scary history.

I'm beyond grateful for your compliments on my storytelling, which is my passion. I love sharing Savannah's stories, and wonderful people like you make the evening a treat for me.

Sincerely thank you and hope you took home great memories of Savannah.

All reviews
"story telling"
in 11 reviews
"his passion"
in 8 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 17 reviews
in 7 reviews
"trip to savannah"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed July 14, 2017

The tour guide TC was the very best as he was very friendly , knowledgeable and full of stories on the history of Savannah. What is really great about this tour is that each person on the tour there were 7 in my group are given ear phones and a small receiver to hear all of TC;s commentary. There were several times when I strayed from the group to take a photo and was still able to hear everything that was said. The walk is at a slow pace for anyone that might not be a fast walker. TC gave us many tips on places to eat and see in Savannah. Our tour was 2 1/4 hour and I highly recommend it.

TC M, Owner at Genteel & Bard, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2017

Hello Jim,

Thank you for such a kind review! I'm thrilled you enjoyed the tour, my storytelling, and the technology. Savannah's history is incredible. My goal is to create a personal, informative, and fun experience. I'm sincerely grateful for your feedback, especially the pace, ear phones, and the ability to take photos while listening. Your words perfectly describe the tour.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your Summer,

Reviewed July 12, 2017

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed July 10, 2017

After a lot of research, me and my friends decided to choose this tour and we were very happy. Along with the ear phones which allowed us not to miss even a single word, TC was both entertaining and a great guide. We went on both his tours --historic as well as the ghost tour and they were both amazing.
Thank you Genteel and Bard for this amazing trip.

Date of experience: July 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
TC M, Owner at Genteel & Bard, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2017

Hey!

Sincerely thank you for your wonderful review post. The three of you were beyond fun to host on both tours, and I'm thankful to have gotten to know y'all. Hope you had a safe trip back home and took amazing memories of Savannah!