“A first rate experience!!”
Review of Genteel & Bard

Genteel & Bard
Ranked #4 of 165 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: $25 Per Guest - Visit genteelandbard.com for all available tour times and spots - Family & locally owned -Discover Beautiful Savannah with GENTEEL & BARD, Savannah’s premiere storytellers, hosts, and are passionate about all her tales. On Genteel & Bard's GHOST ENCOUNTER TOUR, you’ll discover Savannah’s darkest history, paranormal activity, and her most active locations. It'll entertain and leave you curious about your own accommodations. On Genteel & Bard's SAVANNAH HISTORIC DISTRICT WALKING TOUR, experience Savannah's historic stories and see locations that shaped our country, while enjoying photographs, history, music, architecture, and recorded first account letters of Savannah notables. Our tours take the museum experience outdoors for an unforgettable live story-telling production you don't want to miss. Plus, we're Savannah's only walking tour company that supplies souvenir earbuds for our guests. They work up to 100 ft. (your guide is mic'd) so you can easily hear every word.
Reviewed May 7, 2017

I have taken other Savannah tours and this one stands out head and shoulders above the rest. TC was a wonderful guide both personable and knowledgeable. The tour was the perfect length and covered a lot of historic Savannah. Audio earbuds are provided so you don't miss a single word. I can highly recommend this tour - you won't be disappointed! I am already planning to book the Ghost Tour on my next visit to Savannah.

TC M, Owner at Genteel & Bard, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2017

Good Afternoon Maureen!

I am beyond flattered and thankful for your review! To be called "shoulders above the rest" is the best compliment my family can receive and happy you enjoyed the tour. I had a great time hosting you and sharing Savannah's rich stories. Sincerely thank you for your recommendation and hope you do take the Ghost Tour in the future.

All reviews
"story telling"
in 11 reviews
"his passion"
in 8 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 17 reviews
in 7 reviews
"trip to savannah"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed May 5, 2017

TC, our guide, was entertaining, enthusiastic, and always informative. The pace was good, with most stops adjacent to benches where one could rest a bit. Each person is provided ear buds before the tour begin, so everyone can hear clearly wherever they are in relation to the guide and, with the volume control, as a satisfactory audible level. At times I might wander ahead or apart perhaps 35' to observe something, but could still enjoy hearing 100% of the guide's commentary.

I highly recommend TC and The Best Savannah Tour Company as an excellent way to learn about the historic area, especially if a larger group is involved.

Date of experience: May 2017

Hi Mike,

Sincerely thank you for your very kind review and taking the time to write valuable detail about our tour. I'm a big fan of the earbuds because as you stated, guests may wander ahead, observe something, and never miss a word. Also, thank you for your kind remarks about my entertaining and enthusiastic storytelling. I love Savannah's stories and it's a privilege to share them with wonderful guests like y'all.

My family hopes y'all enjoyed the rest of your stay in Savannah.

Reviewed May 4, 2017

TC was great!! They supply you with headphones wo that you can clearly hear even if you aren't standing right next to him. He also had an ipad to show historical pictures and pictures that previous guests have taken. We would definitely use this tour again!!

Hi Mandy!

Thank you! I'm thrilled y'all enjoyed our Ghost Tour and love the enthusiasm in your review. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your visit to Savannah and grateful for your recommendation.

Reviewed May 4, 2017

TC was excellent in telling the history and stories behind the city, homes and businesses visited. We enjoyed the 9:30pm tour and the places that he brought us too. His enthusiasm is catchy and his method of delivery and group involvement raises the bar.

Hey Jas345!

I'm so thankful for your amazing review. I'm happy y'all enjoyed our Ghost Encounter Tour and your line about my "enthusiasm being catchy" and "group involvement raising the bar" makes my day. Our goal is for guests to have a memorable experience and it sincerely means a lot to read your words.

We Thank You,