“Great City Tour!”

Genteel & Bard
Ranked #4 of 165 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: $25 Per Guest - Visit genteelandbard.com for all available tour times and spots - Family & locally owned -Discover Beautiful Savannah with GENTEEL & BARD, Savannah’s premiere storytellers, hosts, and are passionate about all her tales. On Genteel & Bard's GHOST ENCOUNTER TOUR, you’ll discover Savannah’s darkest history, paranormal activity, and her most active locations. It'll entertain and leave you curious about your own accommodations. On Genteel & Bard's SAVANNAH HISTORIC DISTRICT WALKING TOUR, experience Savannah's historic stories and see locations that shaped our country, while enjoying photographs, history, music, architecture, and recorded first account letters of Savannah notables. Our tours take the museum experience outdoors for an unforgettable live story-telling production you don't want to miss. Plus, we're Savannah's only walking tour company that supplies souvenir earbuds for our guests. They work up to 100 ft. (your guide is mic'd) so you can easily hear every word.
Reviewed March 30, 2017

We travel quite a bit and have taken hundrends of tours and I can hosestly say that we throughly enjoyed our walking city tour with TC. He is extremely knowledgable and included lots of interesting side facts and pictures along with the history of this beautiful city. Everyone was given a small receiver and a pair of earbuds so that we didn't miss anything, as well as hearing short clips of actors reading bits of writing from historical figures. We were very lucky in that it was just our family on our tour and in addition to seeing Savannah, we were also here on a college visit to SCAD. TC knew a lot about the the school and the program that we are interested in and took extra time with us to share his insights and some special SCAD locations. Next time we will definately take his ghost tour!

TC M, Owner at Genteel & Bard, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2017

Hi!

I'm so thankful y'all joined me on our tour and y'all are such a fun, kind, and enthusiastic family. It was my treat to share Savannah with y'all as your daughter was looking at SCAD, especially since I majored in her interest. I hope that the rest of her college visits go well and please don't hesitate to contact me if you have further questions about Savannah life.

I'm truly grateful for your wonderful review.

All reviews
"story telling"
in 11 reviews
"his passion"
in 8 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 17 reviews
in 7 reviews
"trip to savannah"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed March 29, 2017

Fantastic! I give walking tours myself in another part of the country and can say without a doubt that TC conducted a wonderful tour. Very informative, funny, courteous-just great!! Highly recommend you do this tour when visiting Savannah.

TC M, Owner at Genteel & Bard, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2017

Hey!

I'm so thankful y'all came on my tour and enjoyed it. It was an absolute pleasure meeting you and sharing stories about Savannah and Portsmouth. As I shared, NH and ME are definite future destinations for my family. Such a historically beautiful region of our country. As someone who also gives walking tours, your compliment truly means a lot and thank you. I will always be thankful for y'alls time, kindness, and friendliness on the tour.

Have a wonderful Spring season,

Reviewed March 29, 2017

Had a great time doing the Ghost tour. Great guide and loved hearing all the great stories Savannah has to over.

TC M, Owner at Genteel & Bard, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2017

Hi tlorenz728,

Thank you for your positive review! I'm happy that you enjoyed our ghost tour and hearing the dark stories of Savannah. Your words are greatly appreciated.

Reviewed March 28, 2017

I went on the ghost tour walk with The Best Savannah TC and enjoyed it. Each guest was given a pair of ear buds and receiver to hear better, which was helpful especially if you were prone to walk behind the group like I did. Some ghost tours are hokey or thinly disguised 'get drunk walks' which I did not want at all so I am glad that I attended this one. I enjoyed hearing about Savannah's roots and was surprised by some of what I learned (ex: Savannah is basically built on top of its dead as it started out as a penal colony) and even better was this tour company only takes small groups so everyone can be more relaxed while roaming the streets.

Ghost tours in Savannah are essentially segmented between family-friendly, adult, and pub crawls. I think I would have enjoyed a more in-depth adult tour but I respect that participants generally need to be 18 to attend many tours offered in the city. Pub tours, age 21-obviously. FYI: locals told me over and over that hearse tours are not comfortable but I cannot confirm as I didn't do that type of tour.

The Best Savannah TC blends history with a dose of haunting without crossing the line into ridiculous. There are so many tours to choose from and this is a good company to book with.

TC M, Owner at Genteel & Bard, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2017

Hi RHelp,

I am so thankful for you taking the time to write this wonderful detailed review on Savannah's tour options. There are a lot to choose from, and you're correct, tour companies are broken down by what a guest wants. You review is honest, thorough, and correct. For that, I'm grateful for your positive review of our tour. Also, very thankful you chose us. I like your phrase, "without crossing the line into ridiculous". A compliment, which I take close to heart.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 28, 2017

We took the walking tour with T.C. I have been on a lot of tours and by far this one was my favorite Not only does TC know his history..... he is a communication expert knowing how to captivate and immerse you into the past history of such an important town in our country's history. Not one boring minute. Took the trolley tour later which was a total waste of time/money. Trolley is superficial. Walking tour is comprehensive and immersive. Take my advice Go with TC FYI The walk is not prohibitive I'm not in the greatest physical shape

TC M, Owner at Genteel & Bard, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2017

Hi Larry,

I am truly grateful for your kind words and review. Your compliment of me being a "communication expert" mixed with our tour being "comprehensive and immersive" solidifies the goal we have for our guests. For that, I'm thankful.

Thank you for taking the time to write, and have a great Spring season.