“Strongly Recommend Best Savannah Tours!”
Review of Genteel & Bard

Genteel & Bard
Ranked #4 of 165 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: $25 Per Guest - Visit genteelandbard.com for all available tour times and spots - Family & locally owned -Discover Beautiful Savannah with GENTEEL & BARD, Savannah’s premiere storytellers, hosts, and are passionate about all her tales. On Genteel & Bard's GHOST ENCOUNTER TOUR, you’ll discover Savannah’s darkest history, paranormal activity, and her most active locations. It'll entertain and leave you curious about your own accommodations. On Genteel & Bard's SAVANNAH HISTORIC DISTRICT WALKING TOUR, experience Savannah's historic stories and see locations that shaped our country, while enjoying photographs, history, music, architecture, and recorded first account letters of Savannah notables. Our tours take the museum experience outdoors for an unforgettable live story-telling production you don't want to miss. Plus, we're Savannah's only walking tour company that supplies souvenir earbuds for our guests. They work up to 100 ft. (your guide is mic'd) so you can easily hear every word.
Reviewed March 20, 2017

I only had a few hours in Savannah on my first visit to the city. It's rich in history and I knew a walking tour would provide a great intro. I thought the carriage and trolley tours were a little kitschy, and some of them are automated on an audio recording. I wanted a tour guide who could answer questions I might have. T.C. was a wonderful guide, and with a background in radio had a great voice and knew how to keep things entertaining and to keep our energy up. He provides individual headphones and audiopacks to everyone so that you can hear him clearly even if you are walking away/lagging behind the group in order to take a photo of something you see (which I have a habit of doing), or if you walk a little more slowly than everyone else. A perfect experience and I would recommend T.C. to anyone I know who wants to explore Savannah!

TC M, Owner at Genteel & Bard, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2017

Christine!

I'm so happy and thankful for your review. I greatly appreciate you going into detail about your experience, which gives us tremendous feedback about the quality of our tour. You were so much fun to host, and love that you took the time to drive down from Charleston for the day to explore savannah. The stories and history of Savannah are incredible and sharing them with you was truly a delight. I hope that the rest of your visit to the Low Country created amazing memories.

Sincerely...thank you for your words.

All reviews
"story telling"
in 11 reviews
"his passion"
in 8 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 17 reviews
in 7 reviews
"trip to savannah"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed March 18, 2017

Interesting and entertaining with a touch of the supernatural. T J is a great story teller. Would recommend it.

TC M, Owner at Genteel & Bard, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2017

Hey 146reg!

Thank you for the positive review and your recommendation. I hope that the rest of your visit to Savannah created many fun memories.

Reviewed March 15, 2017

TC I was a gracious host. He was knowledgeable and responsive to other tourists in the area. He is a tremendous asset to the Savannah tourism industry.

TC M, Owner at Genteel & Bard, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2017

Hi Karen!

Thank you for your very kind and positive review. It was an absolute pleasure hosting you on our walking tour and sharing the stories of Savannah. It means a great deal to receive the compliment of being a tremendous asset to the Savannah tourism industry.. I can't thank you enough.

I hope you have a wonderful Spring!

Reviewed March 15, 2017

We really enjoyed our tour with T.C. I would highly recommend it! It was fun, educational, and engaging.

TC M, Owner at Genteel & Bard, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2017

Hi Dawn!

Thank you for your positive and great review! I had so much fun hosting y'all and appreciate your kind words and recommendation.

-- T.C.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 14, 2017

This company is truly the BEST! T.C. is AWESOME! We had ear pieces on and were able to hear him clearly throughout the entire tour, even with the crowded sidewalks and squares. T.C. was also very accommodating. We were scheduled for the Ghost Tour the next evening, but wanted to do the Historic Tour and the Ghost Tour all in one day. He immediately rebooked us and received an email confirmation instantly! Both tours were fun, entertaining and very informative! Hurry up and book now! You will not be disappointed!

TC M, Owner at Genteel & Bard, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2017

Ayessa!

I had a blast hosting y'all on both tours! You two are so much fun, and exploring Savannah with y'all was a delight. I can't say thank you enough for your incredible recommendation and review. Even though it was cold by Savannah's standard, I hope y'all did plenty more in our city and had a great trip.