“A must do when visiting Savannah!”
Review of Genteel & Bard

Genteel & Bard
Ranked #4 of 165 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: $25 Per Guest - Visit genteelandbard.com for all available tour times and spots - Family & locally owned -Discover Beautiful Savannah with GENTEEL & BARD, Savannah’s premiere storytellers, hosts, and are passionate about all her tales. On Genteel & Bard's GHOST ENCOUNTER TOUR, you’ll discover Savannah’s darkest history, paranormal activity, and her most active locations. It'll entertain and leave you curious about your own accommodations. On Genteel & Bard's SAVANNAH HISTORIC DISTRICT WALKING TOUR, experience Savannah's historic stories and see locations that shaped our country, while enjoying photographs, history, music, architecture, and recorded first account letters of Savannah notables. Our tours take the museum experience outdoors for an unforgettable live story-telling production you don't want to miss. Plus, we're Savannah's only walking tour company that supplies souvenir earbuds for our guests. They work up to 100 ft. (your guide is mic'd) so you can easily hear every word.
Reviewed March 10, 2017

TC was the best part of this tour! I've traveled all throughout Europe and taken walking tours in numerous cities, and this is one of the best. TC's knowledge of the city and it's history, sprinkled with personal anecdotes about his own experiences really bring Savannah to life. We could've kept walking and listening!

The addition of the radio headsets and the interactive videos make it easier to hear what's being said and serve to bring history to life. Coupled with TC's natural gift for storytelling, this tour is a 'must' when in Savannah.

TC M, Owner at Genteel & Bard, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2017

Hi Karen!

Thank you for such a wonderful and kind review! I'm so grateful for your words and the time taken to write them. I had so much fun hosting y'all and Savannah's history is truly incredible. Each and every square has something unique and sharing those stories with y'all was an absolute pleasure.

I hope Savannah brought you many great memories.

All reviews
"story telling"
in 11 reviews
"his passion"
in 8 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 17 reviews
in 7 reviews
"trip to savannah"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed March 8, 2017

It was a last minute decision since I happened to work a flight in the night before and I was so pleased when they didn't cancel on me for being the only person that Monday morning! He was a great guide; when I got home to share everything with my mom she says "wow he really taught you a lot" lol it was great!

Date of experience: February 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
TC M, Owner at Genteel & Bard, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2017

Emily!

I had a blast hosting you on our Historic Walking Tour! It was my pleasure and I love that you shared everything with your mother. I also enjoyed hearing about life in Dallas and your career in aviation. I hope that you bring your mother to Savannah one day and share a memorable experience with her.

Thank you for the wonderful review. I'm so thankful for your words and kindness.

I wish you plenty more success!

Reviewed March 8, 2017 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic tour. T.C. was an engaging and informative guide, and the headphones with additional historic information was a nice touch. If you've never been to Savannah, and want a fun and in depth look at the city's history, this is the tour for you.

TC M, Owner at Genteel & Bard, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2017

Hi Conor,

I'm very thankful for your positive review and happy y'all enjoyed the tour. Savannah is a fun city with so much history, and I really enjoyed sharing it with y'all. Thank you for your kindness and recommendation.

Have a great Spring!

Reviewed March 7, 2017

This was a cool thing to go to, the guide was great he really went into detail about everything... it did get kinda boring towards the end tho, seemed like the same thing over n over... would I do it again, no probably not!

Date of experience: February 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
TC M, Owner at Genteel & Bard, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2017

Hi!

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We value your feedback and are happy you joined us during your stay in Savannah!

See more reviews
Reviewed March 7, 2017

My family of five participated in the walking tour and the ten year old up to the 49 year old were engaged throughout the entire tour. The guide was knowledgeable and engaging. He was sensitive in his terminology and cautious on adult topics to the youngest ears with the ability to get the big idea across to the adults. The audio component allowed us to spread out and still hear everything he was sharing with the group.

TC M, Owner at Genteel & Bard, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2017

Hi, ya'll!

Thanks so much for the wonderful review! Your family was so kind and your children were a lot of fun to host. I love sharing Savannah's story with families and to have the experience with yours was my pleasure. I hope that the rest of y'alls stay in Savannah created great memories and sincerely thank you for choosing us for your tour.