“Chills and thrills and lots of fun!”
Review of Genteel & Bard

Genteel & Bard
Ranked #4 of 165 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: $25 Per Guest - Visit genteelandbard.com for all available tour times and spots - Family & locally owned -Discover Beautiful Savannah with GENTEEL & BARD, Savannah’s premiere storytellers, hosts, and are passionate about all her tales. On Genteel & Bard's GHOST ENCOUNTER TOUR, you’ll discover Savannah’s darkest history, paranormal activity, and her most active locations. It'll entertain and leave you curious about your own accommodations. On Genteel & Bard's SAVANNAH HISTORIC DISTRICT WALKING TOUR, experience Savannah's historic stories and see locations that shaped our country, while enjoying photographs, history, music, architecture, and recorded first account letters of Savannah notables. Our tours take the museum experience outdoors for an unforgettable live story-telling production you don't want to miss. Plus, we're Savannah's only walking tour company that supplies souvenir earbuds for our guests. They work up to 100 ft. (your guide is mic'd) so you can easily hear every word.
Reviewed February 3, 2017

My coworker and I booked a late night tour on what had to be the coldest night of the year, and TC just said, dress warmly, then showed us everything! We started at a cemetery and it got scarier from there. From creepy homes abandoned because of ghosts to alleys haunted by the dead, this was the real deal. We learned a ton about Savannah history, too. Lots of opportunities to take pictures and look for your own orbs! Wear comfy shoes, because this is an urban hike! Beautiful city, great spooky tour!

Date of experience: January 2017
TC M, Owner at Genteel & Bard, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2017

Hello Berta!

Wow...thank you for such a fun review! Savannah is creepy enough but yes, on a cold night it seems to get creepier. I love how you describe the alleys haunted by the dead, especially the one with the hidden cemetery. I hope that y'all enjoyed the rest of your stay in Savannah, and we sincerely thank you for your kind words.

All reviews
"story telling"
in 11 reviews
"his passion"
in 8 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 17 reviews
in 7 reviews
"trip to savannah"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed February 3, 2017

We booked a walking tour through Savannah with The Best Savannah Tour. Very fun, knowledgeable about the city and all the history. TC has a great personality and kept our interest. The ear buds were the BEST we could still hear muted sounds for safety but the buds helped with learning about the Savannah history. Great recommendations on places to eat and buying various items. I'd love to do their ghost tour. Thank you and I look forward to my next trip to Savannah.

Date of experience: February 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Hi Patricia,

I can't thank you enough for your incredibly kind words and review. Knowing that y'all enjoyed the tour means so much as it is my passion to give our guests a fun experience. Savannah's stories and history are amazing, and it was my pleasure sharing them with y'all. I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Savannah, and we'd love to host you on our ghost tour the next time you're in the Hostess City.

Reviewed February 3, 2017 via mobile

Thank you to TC for showing us Savannah and all the spooky ghost living with in. My wife and i had so much fun touring and taking pics. TC made the tour very enjoyable and we learned a ton about the city. Having the ear buds made it easy to hear. Great idea TC! We have been on other tours in the city and and The Best Savannah Tour is by far our favorite! We will be back and tour with you guys again! Thanks again for such a great time! Josh

Hi Josh P,

Thank you for your very kind review! It's amazing that we capture something every night on our ghost tour, and I love sharing both the fun stories and dark stories of Savannah. I sincerely hope y'all enjoyed the rest of your visit to our city, and thank you for booking with us. Your words mean a lot, and we're thankful that you do consider us the best.

-- T.C.

Reviewed February 3, 2017

I went on the daytime walking tour and had an exceptional time. T.C. was both funny and very knowledgable about Savannah. Every bit of information was presented in an easily digestible manner. The tour was even accented with brief audio excerpts, which I thought was an excellent touch. As a new resident, I learned so much about the history of Savannah. Even my friends who have lived here for a while learned a lot. I'd recommend this tour to anyone interested in learning about Savannah!

Date of experience: January 2017

Hey Pabra001,

Thanks for the great feedback and review! I had a blast hosting y'all and love it that you had a good time. Savannah's history is fascinating and I enjoy sharing it. Your words sincerely mean a lot and thank you.