“I Can Hear, I Can Hear!!”
Review of Genteel & Bard

Genteel & Bard
Ranked #4 of 165 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: $25 Per Guest - Visit genteelandbard.com for all available tour times and spots - Family & locally owned -Discover Beautiful Savannah with GENTEEL & BARD, Savannah’s premiere storytellers, hosts, and are passionate about all her tales. On Genteel & Bard's GHOST ENCOUNTER TOUR, you’ll discover Savannah’s darkest history, paranormal activity, and her most active locations. It'll entertain and leave you curious about your own accommodations. On Genteel & Bard's SAVANNAH HISTORIC DISTRICT WALKING TOUR, experience Savannah's historic stories and see locations that shaped our country, while enjoying photographs, history, music, architecture, and recorded first account letters of Savannah notables. Our tours take the museum experience outdoors for an unforgettable live story-telling production you don't want to miss. Plus, we're Savannah's only walking tour company that supplies souvenir earbuds for our guests. They work up to 100 ft. (your guide is mic'd) so you can easily hear every word.
Reviewed January 23, 2017

The Best Savannah Tour is a walking tour that hands out earbuds for everyone. I can walk, look and listen without having to crowd around or be upfront during the tour. TC, our tour guide, has a fun, informative historic day tour that was a delight. To not give away too much, he has photos, audio readings and historic stories and facts that we could see and hear as we walked. Loved it!! TC offers a great presentation of historic lore about Savannah. I especially love the little known secrets that locals know and visitors don't...like Girl Scout cookies, all the time at the Juliet Gordon Lowe House. A perfect afternoon of tourism.

1  Thank jmwille55
TC M, Owner at Genteel & Bard, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2017

Hey!

Thank you for the incredibly kind review! I had so much fun hosting y'all and I agree, it was a perfect afternoon of tourism. I'm passionate about sharing Savannah's story, and there's so much to experience in such a small geographic area. Those little known local secrets are also fun to pass along.

I sincerely hope the rest of your stay in Savannah was memorable and fun. From my family to yours, thank you for spending time with our tour of Savannah!

All reviews
"story telling"
in 11 reviews
"his passion"
in 8 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 17 reviews
in 7 reviews
"trip to savannah"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed January 23, 2017

I was pushing my daughter in the swing next to TC's son and I randomly starting asking him questions about local restaurants, grocery stores, things to do, etc. He answered my questions, asked me questions about my family and we talked for at least 20 minutes without him bringing up that he owned a tour company. Finally, I actually asked him what he did in town and he just said that he owned a company...I probed further and found out that it was a walking tour company and asked when the next tour was. I love the fact that he is super genuine and didn't try to sell me on his tour even after I gave him one thousand opportunities to do so while he was answering all of my questions. This was the most educational, interesting, and fairly-priced tour we've ever been on. Perfect as well for people with little ones since he provides a headset so you can hear him well even if you have to fall a little behind the tour to soothe your child. After the tour, he even spent 20 minutes with our group giving us tips on local things to do. This guy is super knowledgeable, honest, and just a really great guy...you won't regret spending your time in Savannah with him.

1  Thank Matthew E

Matthew,

It is with great gratitude and appreciation that I respond to your review. Your words meant so much not only to me, but my family. It was my pleasure meeting y'all at the park, and you have a wonderful family. If y'all lived in Savannah, easy choice to be our Orthodontist.

When my wife shared with me your words, we both knew our hopes for this tour business have come true. We take pride in providing the best experience for our guests, welcome them to Savannah like old friends, and share a personal tour.

Savannah is our home and your family make it such a fun city to share. Thank you for your generosity, time, and kind words. I hope the rest of your visit to Savannah was filled with great memories.

Reviewed January 21, 2017 via mobile

TC was great, we first booked the night haunted tour. It was fun learning the urban legands and the true stories of Savannah. He knew so much history that we had to book the day time tour the next day. What a great time. Lots of info, wear good walking shoes as he shows you everything. Highly recommend him. You wont be disappointed.

Date of experience: January 2017
TC M, Owner at Genteel & Bard, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2017

Misheal!

Your words mean so much and thank you for your review! My goal is to share an experience with my guests that is memorable, entertaining, and personal. Y'all were a blast and thankful you booked both the History and Ghost Tours. It was a treat for me getting to know y'all, especially hearing stories about your children. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Savannah.

Reviewed January 21, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I booked the ghost tour, it was amazing, learning about the city, buildings and the people that lived in them.

This was the slow season so we had the tour all to our selfs. We found that TJ was very engaging, easy to talk to and very knowledgeable of the history of the city and its inhabitants. TJ would give us the real storys and also the urban legends. We were able to take all the pictures we wanted and we took some good ones.

My wife any I enjoyed it so much we book the historic tour for the next morning.

Danny,

It was a lot of fun hosting y'all this weekend. The stories you shared were entertaining and made a great Ghost and History for me. Thank you for choosing us to book your tours, and really thank you for the kind review. Hope y'all enjoyed the rest of your visit to Savannah.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 20, 2017

So much more fun than the bus tour! We actually got a real feel for the city. TC was wonderful! Full of great stories and little talked-about historical facts. You can really tell he knows his stuff.
The audio enhancement is a huge plus! No straining to hear over the ambient noise of being out in public, or over the whine of a bus engine. We're scheduled to take the nighttime Ghost Encounter tour later this weekend. Can't wait!

1  Thank Darcy C
TC M, Owner at Genteel & Bard, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2017

Hi Darcy!

Thank you for your very kind review! It was so much fun hosting y'all, and I agree that the audio enhancement and earbuds help break through the city noises. Savannah's history is rich, deep, and sharing it's story with your group was a pleasure. Thank you for choosing The Best Savannah Tour, and I'm looking forward to hosting y'all on the Ghost Encounter Tour.

Enjoy your day in Savannah!