“Like hanging out with an old friend”
Review of Genteel & Bard

Genteel & Bard
Ranked #4 of 165 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: $25 Per Guest - Visit genteelandbard.com for all available tour times and spots - Family & locally owned -Discover Beautiful Savannah with GENTEEL & BARD, Savannah’s premiere storytellers, hosts, and are passionate about all her tales. On Genteel & Bard's GHOST ENCOUNTER TOUR, you’ll discover Savannah’s darkest history, paranormal activity, and her most active locations. It'll entertain and leave you curious about your own accommodations. On Genteel & Bard's SAVANNAH HISTORIC DISTRICT WALKING TOUR, experience Savannah's historic stories and see locations that shaped our country, while enjoying photographs, history, music, architecture, and recorded first account letters of Savannah notables. Our tours take the museum experience outdoors for an unforgettable live story-telling production you don't want to miss. Plus, we're Savannah's only walking tour company that supplies souvenir earbuds for our guests. They work up to 100 ft. (your guide is mic'd) so you can easily hear every word.
Reviewed January 21, 2017 via mobile

TC was great, we first booked the night haunted tour. It was fun learning the urban legands and the true stories of Savannah. He knew so much history that we had to book the day time tour the next day. What a great time. Lots of info, wear good walking shoes as he shows you everything. Highly recommend him. You wont be disappointed.

Date of experience: January 2017
TC M, Owner at Genteel & Bard, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2017

Misheal!

Your words mean so much and thank you for your review! My goal is to share an experience with my guests that is memorable, entertaining, and personal. Y'all were a blast and thankful you booked both the History and Ghost Tours. It was a treat for me getting to know y'all, especially hearing stories about your children. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Savannah.

All reviews
"story telling"
in 11 reviews
"his passion"
in 8 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 17 reviews
in 7 reviews
"trip to savannah"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed January 21, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I booked the ghost tour, it was amazing, learning about the city, buildings and the people that lived in them.

This was the slow season so we had the tour all to our selfs. We found that TJ was very engaging, easy to talk to and very knowledgeable of the history of the city and its inhabitants. TJ would give us the real storys and also the urban legends. We were able to take all the pictures we wanted and we took some good ones.

My wife any I enjoyed it so much we book the historic tour for the next morning.

Danny,

It was a lot of fun hosting y'all this weekend. The stories you shared were entertaining and made a great Ghost and History for me. Thank you for choosing us to book your tours, and really thank you for the kind review. Hope y'all enjoyed the rest of your visit to Savannah.

Reviewed January 20, 2017

So much more fun than the bus tour! We actually got a real feel for the city. TC was wonderful! Full of great stories and little talked-about historical facts. You can really tell he knows his stuff.
The audio enhancement is a huge plus! No straining to hear over the ambient noise of being out in public, or over the whine of a bus engine. We're scheduled to take the nighttime Ghost Encounter tour later this weekend. Can't wait!

1  Thank Darcy C
TC M, Owner at Genteel & Bard, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2017

Hi Darcy!

Thank you for your very kind review! It was so much fun hosting y'all, and I agree that the audio enhancement and earbuds help break through the city noises. Savannah's history is rich, deep, and sharing it's story with your group was a pleasure. Thank you for choosing The Best Savannah Tour, and I'm looking forward to hosting y'all on the Ghost Encounter Tour.

Enjoy your day in Savannah!

Reviewed January 18, 2017 via mobile

A friend and I did this tour on 1/16/17; we lucked out and were a group of two. TC did a great job of providing a lot of historical information, not sensationalized trivia. He showed us his and clients' photos on his iPad, and allowed many opportunities to take our own pictures. We couldn't stop raving about it the next day, and I have already recommended this tour to several friends. I'm looking forward to doing it again the next time I'm in Savannah.

Date of experience: January 2017
TC M, Owner at Genteel & Bard, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2017

Dee!!!

Y'all were so much fun and I had a great time hosting the both of you. Your enthusiasm was fun and a treat for me. I loved your reactions at certain locations, especially when we captured something on our cameras. I sincerely thank you for your heartfelt review and recommendation to others.

All My Best,