“So much fun!”

Genteel & Bard
Ranked #4 of 165 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: $25 Per Guest - Visit genteelandbard.com for all available tour times and spots - Family & locally owned -Discover Beautiful Savannah with GENTEEL & BARD, Savannah’s premiere storytellers, hosts, and are passionate about all her tales. On Genteel & Bard's GHOST ENCOUNTER TOUR, you’ll discover Savannah’s darkest history, paranormal activity, and her most active locations. It'll entertain and leave you curious about your own accommodations. On Genteel & Bard's SAVANNAH HISTORIC DISTRICT WALKING TOUR, experience Savannah's historic stories and see locations that shaped our country, while enjoying photographs, history, music, architecture, and recorded first account letters of Savannah notables. Our tours take the museum experience outdoors for an unforgettable live story-telling production you don't want to miss. Plus, we're Savannah's only walking tour company that supplies souvenir earbuds for our guests. They work up to 100 ft. (your guide is mic'd) so you can easily hear every word.
Reviewed January 18, 2017 via mobile

A friend and I did this tour on 1/16/17; we lucked out and were a group of two. TC did a great job of providing a lot of historical information, not sensationalized trivia. He showed us his and clients' photos on his iPad, and allowed many opportunities to take our own pictures. We couldn't stop raving about it the next day, and I have already recommended this tour to several friends. I'm looking forward to doing it again the next time I'm in Savannah.

Date of experience: January 2017
TC M, Owner at Genteel & Bard, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2017

Dee!!!

Y'all were so much fun and I had a great time hosting the both of you. Your enthusiasm was fun and a treat for me. I loved your reactions at certain locations, especially when we captured something on our cameras. I sincerely thank you for your heartfelt review and recommendation to others.

All My Best,

"story telling"
in 11 reviews
"his passion"
in 8 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 17 reviews
in 7 reviews
"trip to savannah"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed January 17, 2017

TC was great! Savannah is beautiful at night and TC did a great job of telling stories, showing related materials on the IPAD and engaging with our group of 8 (including my 12 year old niece). I will make sure to take his day tour next time. Thanks TC from the group with the little "mouse" from Sunday!

Date of experience: January 2017
TC M, Owner at Genteel & Bard, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2017

Laurie!

I had a blast hosting y'all! Your group were so much fun and your niece very funny. I especially enjoyed the special "mouse" gift she handed back at the end of the tour. Haha. I hope y'all enjoyed the rest of your stay in Savannah and thank you for the very kind review.

Reviewed January 16, 2017 via mobile

Great tour, good stories, lots of history. The guide was well-spoken and knowledgeable. We liked that there was a pit stop for restrooms and adult beverages!

Hey Ari!

Thank you for the great review and for booking with us. Agree that the pit stop for restrooms and adult beverages is a good addition. Hope that y'all enjoyed the rest of your visit to Savannah!

Reviewed January 11, 2017

T.C.our tour guide was very knowledgeable and engaging. Loved the headphones so we could hear everything. He used pictures and music also to tell the history of Savannah.

Date of experience: January 2017
TC M, Owner at Genteel & Bard, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2017

Hello Norma!

Thank you for your very kind review! I thoroughly enjoyed hosting y'all and the headphones definitely add a great element to our tours. Your words mean a lot and I'm sincerely appreciative.

-- T.C.
Owner / Guide

See more reviews
Reviewed January 3, 2017

My wife and I recently visited Savannah for the first time, and a ghost tour was at the top of our list! While planning our visit, it was tough to choose between the numerous operators since there is so much competition for these types of tours. I was delighted that I chose 'The Best Savannah Tour', based on the many favorable reviews on TA. We have taken many ghost tours throughout the USA and Europe, including tours in Key West, New Orleans, York (England) and Prague. This tour was by far my personal favorite, thanks to the tour guide T.C. and his excellent presentation of the tour. As previously noted in other reviews, he provides ear buds for the tour which is a MAJOR bonus over the other tours. While on ghost tours (or any other group tours for that matter) in the past, it is often difficult to hear the guide due to city noise, other chatty guests, etc. However, with this tour, you can easily follow along with the guide at all times. T.C. has also adapted technology into his tour in other ways, by showing video clips, playing creepy music as you walk along and listen to his stories, etc. Even if you take the technology out of the tour, T.C. is clearly a naturally gifted tour guide with the perfect personality for leading a group tour. He is full of great information, humorous and you can tell that he loves what he does. I just wish we had been in town longer to take his daytime tour. Honestly, he should be the #1 spot on TA and I feel he will get there once others find out about his tours.

Date of experience: December 2016
1  Thank Thrillrider
TC M, Owner at Genteel & Bard, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2017

We couldn't be more thrilled that the two of you had such a great time on our tour. When we started The Best Savannah Tour, it was with the goal in mind to provide the very best tour experience possible to our guests - to welcome them to our city with the same enthusiasm that we would our own families. We don't see our guests as "tickets sold". We see our guests as new friends looking for a one-of-a-kind Savannah experience. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. It was a pleasure hosting you, and we're so glad you had fun with us. Best wishes for a happy new year.