“THE BEST WALKING GHOST TOUR!”
Review of Genteel & Bard

Genteel & Bard
Ranked #4 of 165 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: $25 Per Guest - Visit genteelandbard.com for all available tour times and spots - Family & locally owned -Discover Beautiful Savannah with GENTEEL & BARD, Savannah’s premiere storytellers, hosts, and are passionate about all her tales. On Genteel & Bard's GHOST ENCOUNTER TOUR, you’ll discover Savannah’s darkest history, paranormal activity, and her most active locations. It'll entertain and leave you curious about your own accommodations. On Genteel & Bard's SAVANNAH HISTORIC DISTRICT WALKING TOUR, experience Savannah's historic stories and see locations that shaped our country, while enjoying photographs, history, music, architecture, and recorded first account letters of Savannah notables. Our tours take the museum experience outdoors for an unforgettable live story-telling production you don't want to miss. Plus, we're Savannah's only walking tour company that supplies souvenir earbuds for our guests. They work up to 100 ft. (your guide is mic'd) so you can easily hear every word.
Reviewed December 8, 2016

As a local resident in Savannah, I've been on numerous walking Ghost Tours. This has by far been the best tour I've taken. TC is excellent at what he does, the stories and facts are on target. I love how he incorporates his personal experiences with the stories in his tour. Living in Savannah, it's not unusual to have ghosts in your house. Yes the stories and experiences are true.
The use of the radio headsets makes a huge difference! You are able to truly enjoy the tour and take plenty of pictures, while still being able to hear what is being said, without having to be within 6 feet of the tour guide.
I highly recommend taking this tour and will do it again.

Date of experience: November 2016
TC M, Owner at Genteel & Bard, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2016

You are beyond kind Rose!

I'm so thankful for your kind words, especially knowing your experiences with Savannah's paranormal. The photos you have are incredible evidence, which are far more than orbs or shadow figures. You have actual apparitions! Also, I loved hearing the stories from y'alls home, which proves that Savannah's haunted side goes beyond the Historic District.

I sincerely thank you for taking the time to write this review.

From my family to yours, have a very Happy Holiday and Merry Christmas.

All reviews
"story telling"
in 11 reviews
"his passion"
in 8 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 17 reviews
in 7 reviews
"trip to savannah"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed December 6, 2016 via mobile

This was a really great tour!! History mixed with ghosts! We enjoyed walking around the historic district and seeing the beauty of Savannah. Our tour guide was absolutely amazing and kept my 8 yr old and 11 year old niece and nephew engaged and excited the whole time!! We stopped in Savannah on our way to Disney and both my niece and nephew had more fun on this tour and in Savannah than at Disney! I think that says something, lol!!

Date of experience: December 2016
TC M, Owner at Genteel & Bard, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2016

Hey!

I had a blast hosting y'all and so happy everyone had a great time. To say that your niece and nephew had more fun on our Ghost Encounter Tour and in Savannah than Disney is an incredible compliment and I'm grateful for your words. All four of you made the night a memorable one for me, and I love the photos that we captured, especially outside of the Mercer Williams House. You got a really good one.

From my family to yours, have a very Happy Holiday and Merry Christmas!

Reviewed December 1, 2016

Truly the best! TC's knowledge, storytelling, interacting and engagement created a perfect tour of Savanah. My husband and I have taken tours in many cities and I do not believe anyone has come close to TC. He carried an iPad with audio clips, historical photos and at the appropriate location, peppered them into his presentation. It was a well thought out balance of history, architecture, and current cultural happenings! You will enjoy and be satisfied with this tour. We were 100%!

Date of experience: December 2016
TC M, Owner at Genteel & Bard, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2016

Mariann!

I had so much fun with y'all yesterday on our day tour. I enjoyed our conversations, getting to know each other, and exploring Savannah. The both of you are truly a delight, and I'm so thankful for your kind words. Hope nothing haunting happened to y'all in your hotel. Haha. If something did happen, even more great memories of your visit.

From my family to yours, may y'all have a very happy Holiday Season,

Reviewed November 30, 2016 via mobile

Guide was very knowledgeable about Savannah history. He was well spoken and in character the whole tour. Had a great time walking through historic Savannah hearing spooky ghost stories!

Date of experience: November 2016
TC M, Owner at Genteel & Bard, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2016

Hey!

Thank you so much for your kind and positive review! I'm very happy y'all enjoyed the tour and Savannah's ghost stories. I always have fun sharing them, and your words mean a lot to our family-owned company.

Have a great Holiday Season and we sincerely thank you,