“Best Tour Ever!”

Genteel & Bard
Ranked #4 of 165 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: $25 Per Guest - Visit genteelandbard.com for all available tour times and spots - Family & locally owned -Discover Beautiful Savannah with GENTEEL & BARD, Savannah’s premiere storytellers, hosts, and are passionate about all her tales. On Genteel & Bard's GHOST ENCOUNTER TOUR, you’ll discover Savannah’s darkest history, paranormal activity, and her most active locations. It'll entertain and leave you curious about your own accommodations. On Genteel & Bard's SAVANNAH HISTORIC DISTRICT WALKING TOUR, experience Savannah's historic stories and see locations that shaped our country, while enjoying photographs, history, music, architecture, and recorded first account letters of Savannah notables. Our tours take the museum experience outdoors for an unforgettable live story-telling production you don't want to miss. Plus, we're Savannah's only walking tour company that supplies souvenir earbuds for our guests. They work up to 100 ft. (your guide is mic'd) so you can easily hear every word.
Reviewed November 23, 2016

My husband and I had the privilege of taking a tour of Savannah while visiting for our wedding anniversary. We called TC and was able to book the tour for the same day. He is a well spoken, down to earth young man with an amazing knowledge of Savannah and it's rich history. He even told us places to visit while there as well as the best places to eat. The ear buds were a nice touch as we didn't miss out on anything he said. If you get the opportunity, book a tour with him and I promise you will not be disappointed!

Date of experience: November 2016
TC M, Owner at Genteel & Bard, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2016

Hey!

It was an absolute pleasure hosting the two of you, and thankful you chose us to spend some of your anniversary trip with. Your words mean so much and greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Savannah and trip as y'all celebrated. From my family to yours, Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Holidays.

All reviews
"story telling"
in 11 reviews
"his passion"
in 8 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 17 reviews
in 7 reviews
"trip to savannah"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed November 22, 2016

My sister-in-law and I had a great (and chilly) tour learning some very cool and creepy history of the area. It was just the 2 of us and we had so much fun with T.C., he shared some cool personal stories of his and his families own experiences with ghosts and spirits and happily listened to our own. He has a great sense of humour and patience as he put up with the 2 of us!! I would definitely recommend T.C. He's an affable, intelligent guy who is a gifted storyteller and obviously loves his job. Thanks again, form Tiffany and Maria (The Canadians) :)

Date of experience: November 2016
TC M, Owner at Genteel & Bard, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2016

Tiffany!

It was so much fun hosting the two of you! Y'all kept me laughing the whole time during our Ghost adventure, especially sharing family stories. I really enjoyed hearing about your children and family. The energy y'all gave to the night was memorable and a spark.

Your words mean so much to me, for which I gratefully appreciate. Please send my best to Maria, and hope y'all enjoyed your visit to Savannah.

Reviewed November 20, 2016

I love ghost tours and try to do them when we go to historic cities. I heard about TC from our hotel concierge. She told me that she had a great impression of him and his company, that she believed he really cared about what he was doing and would provide a great experience. My husband and 7 year old daughter decided to stay back at the hotel while I opted to do a the ghost tour. It was evident when I met TC at the tour meeting spot that he was professional and very passionate about the history and stories of Savannah. He is a such a gifted story teller which adds so much to a great ghost tour. I love history and am a believer in the paranormal. I truly enjoyed my time on the tour and recommend to anyone who loves history and would like to see the city of Savannah in a different way!

Date of experience: November 2016
TC M, Owner at Genteel & Bard, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2016

Hey Laura!

I had a blast hosting you on the Ghost Encounter Tour while your husband and daughter watched the Bengals game back at your hotel. You were a lot of fun and our adventure through Savannah's haunted side was memorable.

Your review and compliments mean a lot, and I'm so happy you chose our company. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write a review as we continue to serve Savannah's guests.

From my family to yours, we wish y'all a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Reviewed November 20, 2016

TC developed a fun, enlightening and personalized tour, complete with historic photos and audio readings from historic letters and documents. Our hotel (Montage) recommended this tour, and for good reason. Everyone gets earbuds to listen to him as we walked. Finally, a tour where one doesn't need to lip-read or be at the front of the pack in order to hear a guide! My husband teaches history and gave TC high marks. He blended of lore and facts beautifully, covering from pre-Colonial times to the present. Perfect....

Date of experience: November 2016

It was an absolute pleasure hosting you and your husband! Thank you for your review and very kind words. They mean a lot as my goal is to provide the best Savannah walking tour experience for our guests.

I thoroughly enjoyed our time together, especially hearing about New Mexico, plastic cups, and shared history lessons. I loved that you checked the cup at Sixpence to see if it was yours. Haha. A lot of fun.

-- T.C. Michaels

See more reviews
Reviewed November 19, 2016

We saw this brochure in a cafe and the earbud technology caught my eye as we had seen several tour groups trying to huddle up near the tour guide to be able to hear them over the city noise. T.C. was very knowledgeable and presented interesting information about Savannah history. He carries an iPad and utilizes it for various photos, maps, music, etc to supplement his presentation. The earbuds were great and we didn't miss a word of the tour! Our group was very interactive and the before you knew it, over two hours had passed by. I would definitely recommend the tour. I booked via cell phone using the information in the brochure while we finished up breakfast and met T.C. near Wet Willie's in the City Square.

Date of experience: November 2016

I'm so glad y'all spent time with me in discovering Savannah! I want to sincerely thank you for your kind words and review, which means a lot to my family. We definitely shared more than just a tour. It was a lot of fun getting to know y'all, sharing stories, and experiencing Savannah together. The time did fly by. Haha.

From my family to yours, we hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving,