“Perfect destination wedding!!!”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Mary J
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Perfect destination wedding!!!”
Reviewed September 22, 2014 for a stay in September 2014

My son and daughter-in-law were married at the Whitman on September 20. The weekend was perfect! We loved the beautiful, spacious accommodations. There were 12 of us (bride and groom's family) staying at the house plus friends and other family members floating in and out, and we never got in each others way. The pictures on the website are great, but they can not begin to show the house's true beauty.

The Whitman also catered the food for the rehearsal dinner, wedding reception, and Sunday brunch. Bob, the general manager, is easy-going, calm, and professional. He met with the bride, her mother, sister and me and was most helpful with long distance planning for the weekend. The food was delicious and the service impeccable. Roasted oysters on Friday night, smoked salmon at the wedding reception, and apple strudel for Sunday brunch are just three of the tasty items we had over the weekend. I could go on and on...Bob, Steve, Samantha and Jake went out of their way to take care of us.

All of us will have wonderful memories of the wedding and our weekend at the Whitman in Savannah. I'm already looking for a reason to go back!

Traveling group: Extended Family
Mike J
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
“exquisite, historic rental”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

attended a destination wedding in savannah, ga. stayed with wedding party at the Whitman. the old home was lovingly and accurately restored. in addition to accomodations, the managers prepared a delicious brunch the day after the wedding. couldn't have been happier with our stay. highly recommend.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Traveling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Donna0425
Carlsbad, New Mexico
“Words or pictures cannot describe”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

16 friends and family gathered here to celebrate my daughters wedding. Gorgeous home, the description and pictures don't even begin to describe this homes beauty! It is absolutely breath taking when you walk in! The house is completely equipped with anything you could possibly want or need, Then there is the hospitality of the owner Steve, and the Chef Bob! WOW! Food was scrumptious and plentiful! I cannot say enough about this wonderful property!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Extended Family
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
BettyD216
Frost, Texas
“I witnessed History on my stay at The Whitman Savannah !”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Not only did I witness history with each step in Savannah ,but the new sign was installed on the front lawn. Now you can't miss it when you come. I just left a 3 day visit. We were there for a wedding and as a close friend of the Bride I had offered to design floral arrangements for all the vases. I had been on-line to scope out the house ahead of time. Lovely . But when I arrived with the Bride and the mother of the bride we were in awe . The owner Steve and Chef Bob have not just redesigned a historical home; they thought of the guest that would come and made sure they could fulfill their each and every need . The photos do not allow you to feel the ambiance and love for history and architecture that you will feel upon arrival . We went with a great southern BBQ ,to the most beautiful and intimate wedding in the front room with bay windows to Forsythe Park, and then the most elegant Champagne brunch with Southern French toast ,Fritata, baby potatoes ,ham and beef tender loin. (melt in your mouth). Made friends with owner and Chef Bob. Bob does not mind you in the kitchen when he is cooking and he and his lovely wife share their tips and secrets. For any men that like to grill on charcoal Steve will share his secrets also .He did the beef tenderloins on a Weber.

Traveling group: Large Group

GA
Reviewed February 20, 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Check in / front desk Service
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing