“Dirty”

Savannah River Inn
Savannah River Inn
Ranked #80 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed June 16, 2009

We went to Savannah to attend a wedding. The bride and groom suggested this place because of it's convenience to the reception location. There were actually at least three other hotels that were also convenient to the repection location and they were cleaner. There was blood on the bathroom walls and there were ants all over the room. The carpet had not been cleaned since 1981. At 1:00am you could still hear the traffic and music blarring from a block away. Not to mention it was in a dark location that did not seem safe. There was nothing relaxing or comforting about this room. You get what you pay for. Next time before I listen to someone suggesting a hotel, I will do more research.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lwest2

Reviewed June 8, 2009

I read a lot of reviews and was a little weary about the hotel. However, once I got there I was pleasantly suprised. The hotel itself is older and the rooms are small, but we were just looking for a place to lay our head at night. The bathrooms were clean, the staff was friendly and the location was out of this world. If you're looking for a high-class hotel, this is not it. But if you're looking to save money and still get a hotel right next to River Street and a clean bed, this is definitely the spot. I will definitely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2009

My wife and I stayed here in May for a week. We booked on Hotwire and were pleasantly suprised with the hotel. Our room was spacious and included a king size bed, plasma tv, bar fridge, separate shower/bath/toilet and air conditioner. There was also a separate coffee table set up with two chairs. No continental breakfast was included although a coffee machine was at reception. There was also a coin operated soft drink machine near available within the hotel complex. There was a pool available for use but it was too cold to use when we were there. There are better located hotels than this but the historic quarter is only small in any case and basically on the doorstep of the hotel, this hotel is near the river which was good. No internet access however I used the internet at the public library which is a 5 minute walk away. The only supermarket nearby is a 20 or so minute walk away but there are plenty of restaurants, fast food options nearby. I would definitely stay here again for the price.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2009

My sister and I stayed here, she has a small dog, and it's had to find a decent place to stay that accepts pets. No extra charge for pets ( under 20 pounds ). Parking was free, rooms were clean, price was good considering how close it was to everything . There is no view but we were1 block from the river front. We would stay here again!!!.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank lstancil3
Reviewed February 3, 2009

OK. So it's not the Hilton, but we had no problems with cleanliness or anything like that. Very nice for the price. Staff was exceptionally friendly. The pool did have some water bugs in it, but it was Savannah in May, so bugs are to be expected.

I heard they were tearing down this little hotel, but if they hadn't I would definitely have recommended it to budget-conscious friends. It was less than two blocks from both River Street and City Market. You can't beat that.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed December 22, 2008

I am writing this review from room 517 counting the hours to leave this rat hole. I stayed here for 2 nights, and hated this place. The first room they gave me was dirty, the bathroom disgusting and the coffee machine and fridge weren't working. The receptionist, a nice guy that has to deal with this lack of maintenance, management and housekeeping, gave us another room (this one, 517). It looked better but it smelled like old bleu cheese! The heater wasn't working (It's freezing outside now), the fridge makes a weird noise all the time and the smoke alarm was beeping every 30 seconds (I just disconnected it and gave it to the receptionist). Also, when we came back to the room today at 5PM, the beds were not made (we left at 10 AM, giving housekeepers 7 hours to do their job). My advise is, read not only my review but all the other reviews about this place and you will understand why you shouldn't think about this place even if it's $10 cheaper than any other motel.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed December 12, 2008

You may be thinking, "you can't beat the price!" I just want to remind you that the Savannah River Inn is a motel...it'll do if you're just looking for a room. The bathroom in our first room was absolutely disgusting--thick black rings around the toilet bowl, large splotches of black mold on the shower curtain, and rust rings in the bathtub. To be fair, they switched us into the room next door upon request--and it was definitely better (though still had the moldy curtains).

Stayed: December 2008