“Wonderful Experience”
Review of Savannah Day Spa

Savannah Day Spa
Ranked #6 of 36 Spas & Wellness in Savannah
Reviewed June 21, 2009

My stepmom and I recently visited this spa and were very pleased. I must say that I had one of the best massages I have had in a long time. She enjoyed her massage as well. The atmosphere was great and the staff were very friendly. They offered us complimentary mimosa and fresh fruit upon arriving. This was a great perk!

My only complaint would be the noise level on the outside of my room. There were a few times when it was a bit of a distraction to hear others talking or the sound of people getting pedicures in the next room.

1  Thank bookitqueen

Reviewed May 21, 2009

My husband and I went to the Savannah Day Spa on our anniversary. We booked couples massages, which were fantastic! They used heated beds, hot oils, and hot towels! VERY relaxing! Although, the best part of the spa was the Hydro Lounge!! We booked an hour in the Hydro Lounge after our massages, and I'm so glad we did! It was a super romantic private room, with the lights dimmed, and a jacuzzi tub with a waterfall type thing. They had candles lit all over the room, and mimosas, fresh fruit, crackers, cheeses, and chocolates set out for us. There was also a steam room, and two rain showers. It was the perfect end to a great morning at the spa!!

1  Thank sarahnwill
Reviewed December 8, 2008

I went with my two sisters have California, one of whom owes her own spa in northern California.

We all thoroughly enjoyed all our treatments as part of an awesome package deal. My sister was particularly impressed with the skincare line.

I had an wonderful facial with a completely relaxing scalp & neck massage included. One of the best I've ever had. Thoroughly enjoyed the foot massage & pedicure too.

Our hydrotherapy session in a private hot tub & sauna complete with a fresh fruit platter (with chocolate dip, now that was a NICE touch), along with a cheese and cracker platter. What's not to love.

And as if that wasn't enough --Lingeelah (I hope I'm spelling his name right) gave me the BEST massage I've ever had. Pay the extra for the hot stones and be prepared to have those muscles worked over in a way that you've probably never had before. I asked for a deep muscle massage and I got it.

Overall, I can't say enough about this spa....from the lovely old restored mansion itself, with attention to every detail, skilled professionals, and lovely scents & candles everywhere you won't be disappointed.

It's worth the trip to Savannah just to visit this spa.

1  Thank AquariusStar
Reviewed October 11, 2008

I had the Aromatherapy Deep Pore Cleansing Facial and it was superb. Laura fit me in even though I was 15 minutes late and I came out with literally glowing, even-toned skin. She used Murad and Oxygen products, which truly worked wonders. The room was comfortable, private and soundproof--I heard nothing from the hallway or adjoining rooms.

As I mentioned, I was late and the front staff didn't skip a beat -- they were courteous and accommodating. I helped myself to cucumber water and they also offered mimosas and champagne. The interior of the building is beautiful!

There is nothing but metered parking for nearly ALL downtown businesses/restaurants so please don't make that a deciding factor. If you go during the week, just build in an extra 10-15 minutes in order to find a 2-hr spot (or however much time you need for your service); don't worry about the weekend b/c you don't have to feed the meters then.

Two more great things about Savannah Day Spa -- I booked my facial b/c a friend gave me a gift card for a package, the Southern Belle's Delight. Instead, they're going to let me use the gift card for multiple facials instead. Also, they gave me 10% off b/c I booked my next facial in advance.

1  Thank jhuskey
Reviewed October 11, 2008

First the parking is virtually non-existant.

Second, I paid several hundred dollars for a day of pampering, wax, massage, haircut and highlights. I was extremely disappointed. The waxer was okay, but not especially ameniable to suggestions on how to make is a bit less painful. The hair stylist was way over her head. She gave me one of the worst haircuts that I've had. Even worse she totally screwed up the highlights. I now have huge blonde blobs instead of well distributed highlights. In all fairness, she was extremely nice and not an entirely bad stylist, but she should be at a salon where she has peers and close supervision to help her learn skills. At Savannah Day Spa, there are only two stylists and neither supervised by someone that has any knowledge of hair. Very bad.

When I called later in the week to ask if the spa could send to me another stylist to fix the bad hair cut/highlights, the manager transferred me to the owner, who told me that she would call me back right away. It's been nearly three weeks and no call.

On the upside, the masseuse was nice and actually an interesting person.