“Horrible Haircut/Highlights, mediocre everything else”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Savannah Day Spa

Savannah Day Spa
Ranked #6 of 32 Spas & Wellness in Savannah
minneapolis, MN
“Horrible Haircut/Highlights, mediocre everything else”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2008

First the parking is virtually non-existant.

Second, I paid several hundred dollars for a day of pampering, wax, massage, haircut and highlights. I was extremely disappointed. The waxer was okay, but not especially ameniable to suggestions on how to make is a bit less painful. The hair stylist was way over her head. She gave me one of the worst haircuts that I've had. Even worse she totally screwed up the highlights. I now have huge blonde blobs instead of well distributed highlights. In all fairness, she was extremely nice and not an entirely bad stylist, but she should be at a salon where she has peers and close supervision to help her learn skills. At Savannah Day Spa, there are only two stylists and neither supervised by someone that has any knowledge of hair. Very bad.

When I called later in the week to ask if the spa could send to me another stylist to fix the bad hair cut/highlights, the manager transferred me to the owner, who told me that she would call me back right away. It's been nearly three weeks and no call.

On the upside, the masseuse was nice and actually an interesting person.

Sevierville
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not relaxing for me”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2008

My husband and I just returned from spending a week in Savannah. We decided to splurge and purchased the couple's massage with the hydro lounge. My husband's masseuse was very attentive and he enjoyed her alot. I, on the other hand, had a guy (which didn't bother me because the best massage I ever had was from a man). But this one was absolutely awful! It was almost like he didn't even go to school. He just shook me around like a ragdoll and I asked him to take it easier and he said ok, but just continued with the torture. I could not wait for it to be over. It was absolutely the worst massage I have ever had! We did continue on to the hydro-lounge which was nice. We had champagne and a fruit platter and enjoyed the whirlpool. That made up for some of it. Overall, the spa was nice, the employees were friendly, and my husband thoroughly enjoyed his massage. So if you go, just ask for a female to make sure you don't go through what I went through. I feel like I'm covered in bruises. Not the relaxation I had hoped. Hope this review helps you.

1 Thank photogirl27
Acworth, GA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The best day of my life!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2008

I booked the Cool Down Special that included a massage, facial and pedicure and added on the Hydro Room for myself and my sister in law as a treat for our birthdays and to celebrate a recent promotion. This spa is as beautiful as you expect a Spa to be and it's old world feel is just perfect for Savannah!

The services I received were wonderful! The massage was just perfect by Lingeela. Ask for him-- he has a wonderful pressure and fluid feel to his massages. He found some knots in my neck and worked them out with precision. I felt safe and calm in his incredible hands. I felt simply wonderful after I left him.

The facial by Donna was the best I've ever had and I get facials about once every 6 weeks. She is a true professional and has the most caring and nurturing touch. I felt like I was in heaven under her care and in her hands! The head massage at the end just topped the whole thing off! She's awesome!

Monica did my pedicure and it was very unique they used really fruit and incorporate it as part of the pedicure. She did a superb job! My feet look like perfection! I smile every time I look down at them. I will say as a slightly tall female I didn’t feel comfortable in the pedicure chairs, they didn’t allow enough room for comfort.

The hydro room was the ultimate guilty pleasure. This room has a steam room, two rainfall showers, a Jacuzzi built for two! They added some fruit, chocolate and drinks, candle light and it was perfection! It would have been very romantic had I not been with my sister-in-law! :) We still had a great time though!

The only thing that stops me from giving this place an excellent is some of their processes and the receptionist. At most spas when you enter and especially when you are receiving multiple services, you are taken to a changing room where you put your things in a locker and then change into a robe and continue on your services that wasn't offered so I and the staff had to tote my things from service to service. They had lockers in the hydro rooms that could have been used. Also, the hydro rooms I think could have been easily offered to people who booked half day and all day packages as an extra incentive instead I paid extra for it. Traditionally, access to these types of rooms comes with the price of at least two services in the same day. It was wonderful that it was private and so well staged though and worth the extra cost. Also, I think we were supposed to have the room for an hour or so and we couldn't tell what time it was because there was no clock and no one came to notify us when it was time to get out.

Additionally, when we checked out it was crowded in the waiting room and the girl who checked me out was very rude and unprofessional. When I offered my credit card, she said wait I'm adding in all your discounts for your package as if she was doing me a favor and then shouted out my total and then asked me about tip, when I told her to add a percentage to the amount of services and let the computer figure it out she then shouted out the total again. I had done this as a gift to my sister-in-law and I really wanted to keep the amount private so that she wouldn't feel anything but pleasure from the day. The receptionist also at the percentage to the total including the hydro room instead of just the services I received. The last thing you want when you are leaving a spa is to be stressed by the receptionist!

Overall it was a wonderful experience!

1 Thank PAVTAT
McDonough, GA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Not that impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2008

My first impression of The Savannah Day Spa was based on the web site. I was on a Girls' Trip with 6 other women and we had tried contacting the Aqua Dolce Spa for reservations, but were unable to get anyone to return our calls. That's when we started doing our homework and found The Savannah Day spa on-line. The services listed included a special pedicure titled The Lake Stone Pedicure. Here is how the Spa's website described this service:
Lake Stone Pedicure
Treat your feet, as they deserve to be treated. This relaxing foot facial will soften and hydrate the skin on your feet. After your nails are shaped and calluses are removed, an exfoliate is applied to the feet to remove any remaining dead skin cells. A seaweed mask is then applied to nourish, soften and moisturize this area. Our mineral based foot cream is applied as warm stones are used to gently massage your legs and feet.
$75
Sound good? Well I figured for someone with bad feet - this sounded like Heaven! Not so much... I've had better pedicures at my local NAIL salon for 1/3 the price. The technician was friendly enough, but the pedicure itself was not at all what I expected. The technician that worked on my feet used a PedEgg that you can find at your local Walgreens - something about that seemed cheap to me, considering I was paying $75.00 for this service. She did use some good smelling moisturizers, and possibly some kind of exfoiliant, but nothing very memorable. What really disappointed me was the "warm stones." Either my technician had really sensitive skin, or I have really tough skin! She pulled a stone out of a warmer, and couldn't handle the stone, stating it was too hot. She waited until the stone was cooled to a temp that was room temperature, leaving my legs feeling as if a room temperature stone was being rubbed up and down my shins...not exacty soothing. I don't remember any seaweed mask - maybe that was one of the creams she put on me. The biggest dissapointment was the reception area where you go to pay. The lady that was behind the computer confused my name with another person in my group. She charged my friend for my pedicure. She spent 15 minutes trying to figure out what to do about it. The problem was that she had overcharged her, and she said the policy was that in order to get a refund they would have to write her a check. I stood there forever with cash in hand ready to pay for my services while she and another lady stared endlessly at the computer trying to figure out what to do. Finally, after realizing I was not going to even get any eye contact with these confused women, I laid my money on the counter and said that I was not going to wait any longer, and that I had exact change, and did not need a receipt. I didn't receive a Thank You or an apology. When I finally left to join the rest in my party, they were still trying to figure out what to do...Not very classy for such an Upscale spa. Would I recommend this place...not for any nail services...it was VERY average.