“Paid for a headache”

Richmond, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Paid for a headache”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I visited this spa on 6/23/12 for 2 couples massages. I would NOT recommend this spa as they obviously have organizational & management issues. I originally booked two 90-minute massages, but they scheduled me for two 60-minute massages. I did not find this out until AFTER the massage was over. They did not provide a good reason for the mistake, nor did they offer anything to adjust or compensate for the mistake. Brittany (the lead receptionist) was not empathetic and does not have proper training in customer service. As a manager of a day spa in my hometown, I understand mistakes happen. However, we will always offer the client a discount or a gift card for a future service to apologize for the mistake. In addition, my massage therapist was wearing BANGLES during the massage - who does that? What manager would allow their therapist to wear loud bracelets that make noise? They gossip at the front desk, and you can overhear them complaining. The energy in the spa is negative and chaotic. Do not go here if you value your time & money. Read ALL the reviews because there are numerous complaints on the same issues (once again, a good manager would not allow repeat mistakes). I basically paid for a headache and unwanted service. I will not go here on my next trip to Savannah. Terrible.

4 Thank misssarahcohen

Charleston, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Lauren loved this place”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

These people are just great!!! My fiance went there for a 4 hour massage and she is still raving about it. We live in Charleston and the only thing that comes close to this place is Sweet 185. I can tell you that as the guy in the picture, they helped me out by recommending the services (they didn't really try to up-sell) and made me feel very comfortable for the time that I was there waiting. Also, the building itself is just beautiful. Go to it, try it out... You will love it...

Savannah Area, GA
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Another great couples massage”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

What a relaxing time at Savannah Day Spa. The staff is excellent, and the massage is so theraputic.

Waverly, WV, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Management Terrible, Disorganized, Overpriced”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I wish I had read the other negative reviews on this spa before I went!!! My sister and I scheduled this spa as a special treat for us and our mother for a special mother/daughters day. I wont go into long details - as our experience is almost identical to the other reviewers... let me just give a bulleted list of pros and cons - unfortunately the cons outweigh the pros

CONS:
Overpriced
Disorganized - Celeste overbooked and did not communicate with staff (Seems from reading other reviews - most problems originate in reception/management)
Rude
Apathetic
Left to wait with no explanation- then got rushed through
Owner Celeste is the Queen of excuses and though given every opportunity to "make the situation right" she did nothing but make excuses.
If you buy a "package" on a busy weekend - according to her - you should not expect full service!?
Must climb multiple flights of stairs

PROS
Lovely neighborhood
Historic home
The nail techs were great fun (but the mani/pedi area is a bit small.)
I had my pedi on Mother's Day and it still looks good 4 weeks later. Melissa is awesome. I would go back to her every time if I could...

but - as long as Celeste is running the place - I would never go back and WOULD NOT RECOMMEND.

I feel sorry for the real "talent" that works there - they deserve better - and I hope and pray that they are "discovered" and hired by someone else who knows how to successfully manage a spa.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank LindaWESTVirginia
Savannah, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“awful”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

horrible service, over priced and so unprofessional. i would not recommend this spa to anyone.

Visited January 2012