“Best calamari ever!”
Review of The Pirates' House

The Pirates' House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Pirates' House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 896 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Bay St.
Description: The entire family is sure to enjoy Savannah's most intriguing & historic restaurant. At the Pirates' House, our most precious treasure is the food. Situated in Trustees Garden, merely a scant block from the Savannah River, the Famous Pirates' House is the most historic spot in Georgia. The Herb House, erected in 1734, located inside the Pirates' House, is said to be the oldest house in Georgia. The Pirates' House first opened in 1753 as an inn for seafarers and fast became a meeting point for blood-thirsty pirates & sailors. Enthusiastically recommended by AAA, Food & Wine and Redbook.
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

I can't really add anything that hasn't been said already. Eat here!

We were concerned it would be gimmicky, but it wasn't. Staying true to southern class it was a nice experience

Write a ReviewReviews (4,522)

Reviewed August 4, 2014

We had a long wait but it was worth the visit! The history of this place is great and the food was wonderful! Loved hearing about the paranormal experiences and history. The Country Tea was amazing! I will visit here again for sure.

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

On our third night in Savannah, my hubby and I were looking for somewhere to go for dinner. He suggested The Pirates House. I immediately declined, because I wasn't in the mood for a kitschy tourist trap. With no other ideas, I decided to humor him and go there, mostly so I could say "I told you so" when it was awful.

Thankfully, I was wrong! They had great drinks! My hubby had the Skull Crusher and got the free mug, which was pretty nice. For dinner I had the Mango Chili Glazed Salmon, which was delicious. My husband had the Award Winning Pecan Fried Chicken and it was fandamntastic!!!!! For dessert we split a warm piece of pecan pie.

Just FYI...We were seated in the Pirates Den room, which was intimate. Nice, relaxing music was playing (not awful pirates songs, as I had feared). We had excellent service! There is a nice gift shop upstairs, if you enjoy shopping, and they offer free tours of the Pirates House. Another nice benefit, was the FREE parking for guests!

P.S. There was a "Pirate" walking around the restaurant, but he was friendly and low keyed.

1  Thank CasualTraveling
Reviewed August 3, 2014

The food was excellent and it is very atmospheric. It is supposed to be haunted and when my daughter took pictures upstairs she did have some interesting orbs in the photos

Reviewed August 2, 2014

This is a great place to enjoy good food in a historic place. Do not miss the Rum Cellar. The fried green tomatoes are simply amazing. I will return to this great dining experience.