“A must see for folks interested in ship models”

Ships of the Sea Maritime Museum
Ranked #26 of 210 things to do in Savannah
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: This museum houses a collection of models and paintings of historic ships.
Smithfield RI
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“A must see for folks interested in ship models”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

We have been in my model museums. I would rate the Sea Maritime as the best we have visited. The models were superbly
crafted and displayed. The model cases where beautifully constructed and well lighted. The mansion that houses the museum was beautiful. The museum was spotless.

Plano, Texas
103 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“It was interesting and nice excursion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

My husband and I went and enjoyed an hour at this museum. It was interesting and we enjoyed it. I loved just being in the old, historic home. The ships were neat and the last exhibit with all of items from the old ships and personal belongings was our favorite. It's worth a visit but you wont need more than an hour or so to go through it. I found the gardens to be very nice and relaxing! We actually sat in the gardens on one of the benches and just talked and enjoyed the nice weather. We live here in the area and enjoy getting out and playing tourist quite often.

Visited November 2013
ShipsoftheSea, Event Assistant at Ships of the Sea Maritime Museum, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for stopping by Ships of the Sea Maritime Museum! We're excited to hear that you enjoyed your visit. We too love lounging in the gardens on a nice fall day. Next time pack a lunch and have a picnic! So glad you enjoyed it! Thank you!
Brooks, Maine
3 attraction reviews
“Conference Dinner at Ships of the Sea Maritime Museum”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

While at a conference I was able to have dinner with my colleagues at the Ships of the Sea Maritime Museum. Interesting displays and stunning ship models. The very large Titanic model was particularly interesting. Certainly worth a visit but not in my top six in Savannah.

Visited November 2013
newjersey
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Incredible ship models. Quite a bit of history that focuses on Georgia. Housed in a former Savannah mansion with beautiful gardens. Requires an hour visit, at most.

Lake Worth, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Neat place to stop!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

Wonderful model ships, lost of history to read, beautiful grounds and gardens. My husband is a boat captain so he loved to see all of the old ships. I'm glad we stopped. Took about an hour to go through the museum and walk thru the gardens. And free parking! :)

Visited October 2013
ShipsoftheSea, Events Assistant at Ships of the Sea Maritime Museum, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thanks for stopping by the Museum! We're so glad you and your husband enjoyed your visit. You picked a beautiful time of year to stop by the gardens. They are absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for the review, and stop back by soon!

Sara Seesholtz