“Great wedding venue!”

Ranked #37 of 218 things to do in Savannah
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: This museum houses a collection of models and paintings of historic ships.
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Toured the museum and gardens as a wedding venue! SO gorgeous! Two different gardens could allow for either a small or large wedding. Absolutely breath taking and totally worth it!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Ever since my first trip to Savannah in March 2010, I've wanted to have a wedding in one of the squares. We recently saw a wedding taking place, and it didn't occur to me that having it in the square means all of the tourists and residents of Savannah would be able to walk around the square, cars and tour trolleys would be driving around, and it wouldn't be as intimate and secluded as I had wanted. My future mother in law found the Ships of the Sea website online and I decided to look into it as a wedding venue. We viewed the Museum and Gardens today as an option for our wedding in June of 2014 and we fell in love! Debbie has been working with me for a few weeks through email and she was the best host when it came to us touring the gardens and the museum. She was so informative about where things can/could take place, what the best plans would be, where the best photo ops would be, and so understanding about our vision and the feel we wanted on our wedding day. Whatever that feeling is when you hear ethereal singing, I got it when we saw the garden! I could not be more excited to have booked the Scarborough House Garden for the wedding and to start working with Debbie!! I would recommend Ships of the Sea to anyone looking to get married in Savannah.

1  Thank KellyGlock
ShipsoftheSea, Events Assistant at Ships of the Sea Maritime Museum, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you Kelly for your kinds words for about Ships of the Sea for a Wedding Venue. We're thrilled that you found your wedding vision to come to life in the Scarbrough Garden and know it will be absolutley beautiful in June 2014! Please feel free to check out our Facebook page for updated pictures of weddings in the gardens.

We look forward to being a part of your special day!

Brittany
Events Assistant
Ships of the Sea Maritime Museum

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Wonderful way to pass a cloudy morning, wandering among the ship models and getting a history lesson along the way. The museum is just big enough to be interesting without wearing one out. The ship models are beatifully crafted, and large enough to allow for a great deal of detail. Stories about their associations with Savannah are clearly posted. Nice gift ship, too!

1  Thank SingaporeLulu
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This museum is inside of a beautiful, old home that is amazing even without the nautical displays. The incredibly detailed model ships need plenty of time to properly appreciate. In addition to the history on the inside, the outside of the museum is worth allotting
plenty of time--the gardens are lush, fragrant and very beautiful.

1  Thank Sabrina4120
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This is a sweet little museum. Doesn't take a lot of time but gives a good over view of Savannah's important place as a commercial and naval port.