“Great show”
Review of Club One

Club One
More attraction details
Owner description: This bar, where female impersonators sometimes provide the entertainment, has increased in popularity in recent years.
Tatamy, Pennsylvania
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Great show”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

We saw the ladies perform and had a great time. Lady Chablis was there. I would have preferred a little more conversation on her side, a little more story telling. There were some pretty long pauses in the show. Destiny was incredible! I'd come back just for her! Great energy and soooo funny.

Visited March 2014

Savannah, Georgia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Terrible!!”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I brought friends from out of town this weekend to see the drag show and Lady Chablis and everyone was very disappointed. Usually Lady Chablis emcees the evening and does a stand up routine and a few costume changes. Last Saturday, she did nothing but sit at a chair and ask the audience if they had any questions to ask her. If she is not capable of putting on a show, then she shouldn't be performing. The rest of the drag show was weak, and the entire performance was less than an hour. I've seen drag shoes in other cities and this was the worst. Save your money!,

Visited May 2014
1 Thank L33333
Richmond, Virginia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Not the best, not the worst. Just okay.”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Okay, so Ill work my way from the bottom to the top of the 3 level club. The basement level is where they have some pool tables, a snack bar, one drink bar, and they do Karaoke some nights. I've been to probably 30 or so karaoke places around the country and I've never seen the KJ play two songs, then one karaoke singer. There were about 10 or singers the night we went and it still seemed to take forever just to sing. People go to Karaoke and Sing because they wanna sing. LET THEM! :) The bartender was nice, young and not bad on the eyes. Sadly the bar uses a pour system to control food cost to the pour. It ensures each pour is exactly the same. So the drinks are never strong or weak. Just normal. The sound system wasn't the best or worst I've heard doing Karaoke. If you stand where they put the mic you will not hear yourself singing at all. The mic levels were a little lower than they should have been. I enjoyed myself down there overall.

Dance flood main level. Was in there for New Years Eve and enjoyed dancing. The sound system was nice, bartenders ware quick and bathrooms clean. Advertisements insinuated there would be a balloon ball drop at midnight, but it actually didn't happen till 2 AM. Thought that was a crap thing to do.

The top floor was where the drag show was, and I have to say it was the Worst drag show I've ever seen. I'm not the biggest fan of drag, but I have seen shows in LA, SD, SF, Nashville, DC, Richmond, NYC, Montreal and more… Club One was the worst! The venue itself is neat with a nice stage, catwalk and chairs for guests. The sound system was horrible. The speakers were blasting louder than downstairs on the dance floor, and the speakers were all Highs with very little lows. Hurts the ears and doesn't sound good at all. The lip-syncing was off for just about all the singers for all the songs. the dancing wan't very exciting and just repeated itself over and over, costumes were okay.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Chrismarino
Huntsville, Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun Place, Great Shows!”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

There are some amazing drag shows 4 nights a week here! The banter the emcee has before every show is hilarious, and some very talented people perform here as well! They're constantly getting the girls from RuPaul's Drag Race, recently Jinkx Monsoon was there and she was AMAZING!! My favourite performer was Aurora Savage - sadly this performer moved away recently :(

Visited December 2013
1 Thank T0bias2013
Aurora, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Lady Chablis is amusing & "Motion" has got some moves BUT.....”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We called 6 weeks ahead and were told that the best seats were the reserved tables so we paid extra for one. They said the specific tables were "first-come,first-served" so we went early. On arrival, we were told to go downstairs (to the bar) and that the people downstairs would be admitted first. We went downstairs and, when we came back up, we found that they'd admitted all the people who stayed on the first floor before calling the downstairs group. Turned out it didn't matter because they'd already assigned us the worst table in the place (so much for first come, etc., etc.). Although there were many other empty tables, they refused to move us.
Very seedy place. Bad lip-synching and all the performers (including Chablis, the star) walked up and down the aisles during their song with their hand out for tips. Have seen much better in San Francisco, Chicago and New Orleans. Truly a disappointment. If you're contemplating going because of the movie, save your money and just hold onto the dream! Oh - one good surprise - although places like this are notorious for their weak drinks, we did get a decent one while waiting downstairs.

Visited December 2013