“Overpriced short show”
Review of Club One

Club One
More attraction details
Owner description: This bar, where female impersonators sometimes provide the entertainment, has increased in popularity in recent years.
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We went specifically on a night when Lady Chablis was performing. Although she was funny and exciting to see, the show was overpriced and was a total ripoff. After starting after the appointed time of 9 p.m., the show ended at 10 p.m. Each performer did just one number and spent much of each song not performing but trolling the audience for tips. There was not much creativity for the performers. The price charged was way too high for a one-hour show. You can see a similar show in other cities for free and with much more creative and dynamic performers.

1  Thank TravelsALot205

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Walking around Savannah I saw a poster advertising Club and saw that The Lady Chablis would be there. I hesitated to book, thinking it would be very late and I would be out of place as an older, boring tourist...but then found that there were two shows 7pm and 9pm. Booked for the 7pm.
Didn't tell spouse, said it was "a surprise", he was a bit wary ha ha. Anyway the 7pm show was a mixed audience of gay, straight, young and older. Anyone is made welcome.
The show was SO much fun!! I was so thrilled to see Lady Chablis, who was hilarious and gorgeous. Lots of banter between her and audience, with her totally killing it.
She said it was only the second time she'd done the 7pm show...as who goes out that early?? (Tired tourists in our case!) The other performers were also energetic, fun and entertaining.
Well worth the $37 for table seating...although the cheaper general seating would have been just fine. The club is old and the lighting a bit sketchy, hand operated spotlight from back...but that's part of the experience!
The performers move into the audience and opportunity to receive tips.
You can take photos, just no flash. Afterwards there is a chance to take photos or meet the girls.
So glad we went, a highlight of my trip!! Can't wait for my spouse to watch the movie now and see Lady Chablis play herself in Midnight in the Garden!
We only saw the show, obviously too early for any of the other bar entertainment ...and although I got my spouse to New Orleans Mardi Gras and all it entailed...he's not super comfortable in gay clubs. Having said that he loved it here and was thoroughly enjoying himself and handing out tips to all the ladies.

3  Thank Sue p
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Being in Savannah we had to go to Club one, the house of Lady Chablis, and I am glad we did. The place is immense, with three floors to stroll around and is quite festive. We had a great time and the show was quite good (no, Lady Chablis was not there, unfortunately). We had a great night there. The only thing is quite not right is that in such a big place they did not find an area (a courtyard, a balcony) to make a smoking area. We had to smoke on the sidewalk outside the bar. I understand that “smoking free places are fashionable nowadays, bur people do smoke and it would be nice to have a place to do it other than the sidewalk. Other than that, it was great!

1  Thank Willam C
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Loved the Lady Chablis show - she's still funny and entertaining, however, after the show all of the dance areas were dead. I'm guessing it is because I visited in January, but was still disappointed as I was excited to dance!

1  Thank MN_Traveler_3333
Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

For being the sole gay club in Savannah, Club One is an impressive destination.

On the Saturday before Thanksgiving, the drag show was well-attended in the 2nd floor theater by a mix of locals and bachelorettes (you can tell it's a fave!). A Tina Turner impersonator brought the house down.

The weekend show was $10 to attend ($4 more than normal cover). They did take card for cover, but bar is cash only.

On the first floor, drink pours were heavy and service was fast. Go-go boys danced on platforms while dance music throbbed.

Downstairs was chill with another bar and pool tables.

With three floors offering three very different atmospheres, it certainly one-ups clubs I've been to in much larger cities.

3  Thank Kevin C