“Sleepy Pub Crawl”
Review of Cobblestone Tours

Cobblestone Tours
Ranked #65 of 144 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: Cobblestone Tours has been proudly offering tours to visitors since 2001. We feature nightly ghost tours and haunted pub crawls, as well as daytime history tours of Colonial Park Cemetery.
Montreal, Canada
“Sleepy Pub Crawl”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Our tour started about 15 minutes late off of Moon RIver Brewing Company. Our tour guide had some serious public speaking issues. She would stare at the floor the whole time while telling her non-scary, boringly detailed stories. She did sound like a kintergarden teacher. After spending the longest time (learning nothing) at Moon River we walked to the next pub. She stopped in a square on the way, gave some driving directions to no one and then had a long conversation with some tourists trying to sneak-in on our tour. We then waited half an hour infront on the second pub until there was enough space to fit the 15 of us inside. By that time we were just staying to see how worst she could get. She went on to have drinks at the bar with some ''loud'' locals for 45 minutes while we all impatiently waited. She was also rude to us and a couple on the tour because we didn't want to get a drink there. We thought the stories about that bar would come after. Well they didn't. She started to walk toward the last bar which did not look historic at all. That's when we conveniently missed the light crossing the street and walked back to our hotel. Waste of money and more importantly our last night in Savannah.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Waste of time and money”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

After lots of time and research, my friends and I decided to take this haunted pub crawl. I honestly don't know where to begin, Within about 1 minute we all looked at each other wondering if we should try to sneak off with the other tour guide. Later we realized some people did. There were maybe 8 stories told ever 3 locations. Our guide spoke softly and rarely, if ever, made eye contact. Maybe it was her first day on the job? She worked so hard to be politically correct in telling the stories that they lost their potential scariness. She ended up telling the stories like a kindergarten teacher to her class. Now I realize the drinks are not included or required to be purchased on the tour but when you stop for 30 minutes per pub, you have to kill time. 1 drink was 12.00!! When my friend questioned the bartender, he said 8.00 then after realizing we were on the tour, changed the price to 12.00. What?? We took a regular historic trolley tour the next morning and heard the same stories from our retired driver who was much more dynamic and interesting. Honestly, it was as if we were being escorted to 3 overpriced pubs with some completely non scary ghost stories thrown in. I'm glad I used a coupon and only paid 10.00. The rest of our stay in savannah was wonderful but I wish I had my time and money back.

Eatonton, Georgia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Patrick was Great!”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and I went on the 9 p.m. haunted walking tour and it was great! We went on a Saturday night on October 20th and there were only about 8 people on our tour, which made it cozy and quiet. Patrick was our guide and he was a wonderful story teller. He was knowledgable about the history of Savannah and our stops. He was very engaging and created a spooky atmosphere without being over the top. He was funny and just cheesy enough to be fun (we had some teenagers in our group and it seemed like they liked his humor as well). We walked a good bit and heard lots of stories. Be prepared to wear your walking shoes and keep up-I think Patrick does speed walking in his spare time! Overall a great tour-we would go back!

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Request Patrick!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

We spent four days in Savannah. We booked this tour for our last night. I wish this was the first thing we had done. It was interesting and entertaining. Patrick was an excellent tour guide and his knowledge and passion about the subject matter made all the difference. Be sure to go after dark as it'll make the ghost tour more intriguing. We would go on it again in a heartbeat.

3 Thank Jchamb12
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Patrick is an awesome guide!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Patrick made this ghost tour so interesting and he is an engaging storyteller! We were hesitant on whether we actually wanted to take the tour but from the moment Patrick started talking we knew we couldn't miss it! Patrick cited recent paranormal events, as well as legends regarding this haunted city. This is definitely the ghost tour to take while in savannah!

2 Thank Georgiadawg00