“If I could place a lower rate, I would.”

Blowin' Smoke Southern Cantina
Ranked #151 of 880 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Blowin' Smoke Southern Cantina is a Savannah original, serving up in-house pecan-smoked BBQ, sandwiches, tacos, creative cocktails and more, all with a Southwestern influence. Join us on the patio or in our open air dining room Tuesday through Sunday! Conveniently located just a few blocks from the Historic District, on Habersham Street.
Savannah, Georgia
“If I could place a lower rate, I would.”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I went to blowin' smoke cause I've been hearing such good things about it. My friend met me there excited to have the ribs that he loves. They were out - thats the least of the problems though. I asked for a water with no ice, it came with ice. I am a server, so I didn't want to be a problem and dealt with it. Besides, I ordered an alcohol drink... that never came to the table. The paper menus kept trying to blow away. They really should have some kind of protector or menu other than paper. I ordered a burrito with chicken and asked for no pico, and since it didnt say in the menu that onions were in it, I just left it at that. I wanted the sides to be fruit and mac/cheese. I got my meal and started eating. A bulk of it was onions and it had no chicken in it. I decided to just eat the sides. the mac/cheese looked amazing, and I love cheese even when burnt - they cooked it a bit too far. It was beyond burnt, and the taste was unnatural. I didn't want to pay $12 for a side of fruit, so I decided to finally complain. I didn't mention the fact that my drink never made it, but I did have to send the food back. Our server seemed nice enough and maybe was only having a bad day, but she was terrible... definitely wont be going back or recommending it to anyone.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank covert_op29

“Not as good as when on MLK Blvd.”
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Wife asked to order an item off the child's menu as we did on Memorial Day. Was told no & waiter should not have taken order. Was rather rude about it. Wife then ordered chips & cheese dip. When brought dip it was like water. Waitress said it was because it was hot. Sent it back. I ordered beef rib. Was not as good as last year when restaurant was on MLK Blvd. Sauce was was also runny. Do not plan to go back.

• Visited June 2013
Mauk, GA
“OK food - slow service”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

After working all day, we decided to go someplace close. Went for both a lunch and dinner. Lunch was OK so we decided to try the dinner menu. The service was slow and we waited over 30 min for drinks, a simple Sangria which was not very good. They were having an event that night but only one bartender. Poor planning. They messed up one meal and had to go back to redo it. I had the Flintstone Ribs which was huge. It is a beef rib that was disappointing and the sauce was bland. Mistakes seemed to rule as other plates were sent back from tables near us. I hope they get their act together as the menu possibilities looked good.

Chicago, Illinois
“Slooooow Food”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We wanted to try the new location--a favorite when it was Sol--a funky old garage. We waited 15 minutes for our drinks and another 45 for our food. That's a beer and a margarita, then a salad and one taco, hardly time consuming stuff. The service is simultaneously frenetic and glacial. Waitresses run around but mostly apologizing for the wait. They either need a better bartender (although she did make a good margarita) or a second bartender. At a minimum, let the waitresses open their customers' beers. When the food finally came it was OK but that's all. The salad was out of a bag with a black bean cake on top. When we arrived, there was a family of 4 next to us, when we left an hour later, they still didn't have any food. Thank heavens there was a bean bag game for the kids.

Hyannis, Massachusetts
“Blowin smoke blows”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We were a party of four. I ordered pulled pork which was served as an unappetizing blob on my plate, It was dry and bland. the fiilling in my friend's fijitas was sparse. My brother had to ask for the tortillas that were supposed to come with his meal, also unmemorable. We asked for more barbeque sauce for the dry pork. Waiter forgot and had an attitude when we asked him to get some again because it took him away from taking another order. When we did get more it was about a tablespoon and they charged us for extra. waiter was effusive about how every drink was special and food wonderful. Too phony.
We would Blow Blowin smoke off your restaurant list.
Manager seemed shocked that we were frank when she asked our opinion about the food and wait staff.
she offered a free dessert, but we declined. Maybe they have a new chef.