“great all around”

Ranked #161 of 909 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Blowin' Smoke Southern Cantina is a Savannah original, serving up in-house pecan-smoked BBQ, sandwiches, tacos, creative cocktails and more, all with a Southwestern influence. Join us on the patio or in our open air dining room Tuesday through Sunday! Conveniently located just a few blocks from the Historic District, on Habersham Street.
Reviewed December 23, 2012

this was a great first stop! the waitress helped us with direction to go things to do, all good things for us unknowings. the artwork on the walls is burned into our brains and the ribs are unreal!

1  Thank Brian T

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Sol is really good for their drinks, my boyfriend and I always get the cucumber batida (sp?) cocktail. My favourite things on their menu are their fish tacos and fried avocado bites. My boyfriend loves the skirt steak salad on wilted romaine with bleu cheese crumbles. Unfortunately the service is spotty. Sometimes the waiters are attentive, but more often than not you'll be waiting. Overall, we like to go in the summer to cool off and unwind with a yummy cocktail or two.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

The beef ribs and mac n cheese were super. Greens weren't as good, but they definitely passed. Nice interior, friendly staff and great food.

1  Thank BSueL
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We wanted to go to Angel's BBQ, but it was closed, so we settled on Blowin' Smoke Barbecue. While the service was very good, we were less than overwhelmed with the barbecue. My wife had the pulled pork with fried okra and I had the brisket with potato salad. While good, it was not the best barbecue we have had. In fact, the sides were better than the meat. I guess it is a "Georgia thing," but I missed having onions and dill pickles being served with my "Q." Would we return: Probably not.

4  Thank CJTravelerTexas
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife and I ate at Blowin' Smoke BBQ in Savannah; we found this establishment clean and the service friendly and efficient. In addition to a comprehensive menu, the place had an excellent selection of beers. My wife had a pulled pork sandwich with fried okra which she said was exceptional. I had a BBQ beef platter with potato salad and baked beans. The meat was tender, the sauce pleasing, and the potato salad was fresh and wonderful. I have much more experience with Texas BBQ; as such, I was surprised when I was served that my platter it did not have a piece of onion and some dill pickles on it. Despite this, I found my trip to Blowin' Smoke BBQ to be a good dining experience. I would be inclined to return.

3  Thank CJTravelerTexas