“Not fancy, but soo clean”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Savannah Airport
Ranked #53 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Decatur, Georgia
“Not fancy, but soo clean”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Having never stayed at a Country Inn & Suites location before, and not knowing anyone who had, I was a little anxious. When we pulled into the parking lot, then walked into the lobby We were pleasantly surprised. What a welcoming place, warm atmosphere. A very pleasant and informative staff, warm, fresh cookies. a fireplace surrounded by comfortable seatting, with real books and newspapers to read. The room was very clean and pleasantly decorated. Nothing fancy, but practical furniture and decorations. The staff was very friendly, and courteous. The free breakfast was varied and enjoyable. I had a wonderful stay and will recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Indian Trail, North Carolina
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was a really nice hotel for the money. It was about 15 minutes away from historic/downtown Savannah, but it was MUCH cheaper and to me, a better location. We drove in, but this is in the airport location. It is NOT a typical airport location hotel and there didn't appear to be any "trouble" in the area. There is a Wal-Mart and several restaurants right nearby which is extremely convenient. There is a decent selection for breakfast in the morning and saves money and time on that. It does have an indoor pool and spa, which is nice. The staff all seemed to be friendly and the rooms were large and clean.
The only down side was the internet connection, It was REALLY slow or non-existent. I usually rely on my internet to determine my plans for the day, so it's hard to do without internet. Other than that, it was a great experience and I would certainly stay here again!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Anna T
Upstate NY
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Country Inn and Suites Savannah Airport, we were in town for a wedding. We stayed in Rm 309, the room was spacious with a king bed, desk, arm chair and dresser. There is a mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker, blow dryer and iron in the room. The bathroom was average size with good water pressure in the shower. The bed was firm and didn't sag or creak. All of the furnishings, decor and fixtures were in good condition. There is an indoor pool and hot tub that we did not use. The complimentary breakfast was one of the best I have seen. The front desk staff was friendly and professional. I did have a small issue with housekeeping, when arriving back to the hotel at midnight we noticed that there was only one bath towel in the bathroom and the duvet was balled up in the arm chair. The wireless internet worked and was fast enough and free. If the hotel is full you may have trouble getting a parking spot if you come back late at night. Every night was a late night for us and we usually were getting one of the last spots. The hotel is located between the airport and I-95 which makes it a great location as far as transportation logistics goes. It's about 20 minutes to downtown Savannah on interstate highways. Even with it's proximity to the airport and interstate it was very quite, the only unpleasant noises I heard were from inconsiderate guests. Nightly rates at the Country Inn and Suites by Carlson Savannah Airport were about half the rates for the downtown hotels. If partying the night away on River Street or City Market is your thing a cab from downtown will cost you $30 and up.

Overall were very pleased with our stay and would send our friends here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Ruffin Sc
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel.The breakfast was super.We ate off of real plates,real silverware and drank out of real coffee cups. It was such a change from other hotel breakfast all we have ever had was paper plates. the food was very good and the whole staff was very friendly.The day we checked in the young lady that checked us in left us a message later on our room phone saying that if there was any thing we needed just let the front desk know, Now that is a great way of letting us know we are welcome here. We had went over to the Wingate to get a room because they had a billboard on I-95 that there rooms were $69.00 ,well when we went the front desk lady said no ,the rate would be $89.00,I told her billboard said 69.00 . So we left and I am so glad we did because we were treated GREAT at the Country Inns & Suites and we found us a new place to stay now . Boo on Wingate Hotel Airport they have FALSE Ads on the Interstate .

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
stillkc
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Okay I checked into this hotel and went to use the bathroom. I glanced at the tin and found mold on every crack and seam. Not a little mold but more like how could you not miss it mold. The bathroom floor was filthy.

I checked right back out and explained why. Avoid this place like the plague unless you like the plague.

• Stayed July 2012
junecave, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Savannah Airport, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
I would like to apologize for your experience here at the Country Inn & Suites and assure you that our standards are well above what you witnessed. If you would take a moment to give me a call I would love to personally discuss with you how I may make amends and hopefully alter your opinion of our hotel.
I can be reached at 912-966-1717.
June Cave
Michigan
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We actually had 2 rooms at this hotel because we have a family of 6. The hotel seems a bit old but updated and clean. The breakfast was pretty nice with waffles, and some type of eggs and meat along with the normal, oatmeal, bagels, bread, and cereal. The staff was great also. We had a great experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

Everything was wonderful. The pool was nice ( strong chlorine) the rooms are big. They are very clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful and genuine. The price was very reasonable. This made our vacation wonderful. Breakfast was good too. Our family felt at home in a clean safe environment Thank you all.

• Stayed July 2012