Wingate by Wyndham Savannah Airport
$135
$125
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
East Bay Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
$189
$170
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Courtyard Savannah Downtown/Historic District(Savannah)(Great Value!)
$174
  • Pool
Planters Inn(Savannah)
$209
$199
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
River Street Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
$214
$193
1,422 results
All reviewssam sneadsavannah airportpet feeroom was cleannext morningfront desk clerkhot breakfastpleasant stayeasy accessenjoyed my stayfree breakfastyogurtsavannah areavery nice hotelhistoric districtpetsfl
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 29, 2010

We ordered the room through some site, that gave a good rate. The room for 2 adults, 1 teen and 1 baby was ordered. We asked for a non-smoking room, and there was a crib ordered. When we arrived, they sent us to the 4 floor, that reeked of cigarettes, and it was horrific! The kids starting coughing, the eyes were watery. When my husband asked to be put into non-smoking room, the answer was that since we didn't order the room directly, they can not guarantee us what we asked for. Our friends, a couple with a 6 yo and a teenager, got a room with one queen bed, despite their request for 2 queen beds. So, the spent 2 nights 4 of them in a queen bed. We never heard any apology. The fault was clearly ours.
The next morning we were moved according to our requests, though...
In the evening I came downstairs to ask for some milk for my toddler to calm her down, and the response was "We don't sell milk. Go to Wallmart - it's 15 minutes drive from here." And I was thinking in my head :"Who's asking to buy it? What's with all this milk we have in the morning? So, if I came downstairs in the morning and filled up all the bottles I had, no one would have said anything. But in the evening I can't have a few ounces?"
Overall the hotel was clean and nice, but these 2 episodes totally ruined any good impression I had".

2  Thank Mangusya
Reviewed July 18, 2010

I just wanted to express my gratitude and happiness with the arrangements made by the staff at Wingate, specifically Brad Davis. My family was returning from a vacation in Orlando and July 16 is my wife's birthday. I reserved a room at the Wingate in Savannah so that the kids could swim and my wife wouldn't be in the car fo 16 hours on her birthday. I asked if the hotel could do anything to decorate the room as a surprise to her. Brad coordinated with me and had a small cake with plates and napkins, a balloon and small decorations waiting for us in the room. My wife was thrilled. This extra effort by the staff at Wingate made our stay truly special and hopefully something my wife will remember for a long time.

Reviewed July 11, 2010

My first impression was very good. Every room has a fantastic view. The lobby was clean and tastefully decorated. The rooms are large, and well appointed, the mattress is comfortable and the pillows are amazing. Even though there is an airport nearby, you will barely hear the airplanes. For that matter, you won't hear car alarms, car doors slamming or any outside noise. It is very sound proof to the outside. The inside soundproofing is a different matter. My advice is to bring earplugs if you want to get any sleep. You will hear your neighbor's TV, people walking around overhead and interior doors closing. There is a nice pool outside along with a BBQ grill available for use. The pool appears cloudy, but that is because it is a salt water pool. The staff was amazing, everyone was polite, professional and friendly. On the surface the room was clean. The linens were fresh and crisp, the floors were clean, and the furniture was dusted. There was some peeling paint around the H/A unit and the tub could have used a good scrubbing to remove the mildew from the tub walls. It is a short drive, 15-20 minutes, in good traffic, to the historic district. The breakfast was standard hotel breakfast fare, okay for the first couple of days, then you will probably start searching for something else. There is a Walmart down the road on the other side of the interstate along with various eating establishments. A Waffle House, Wendy's and a tavern and grill located within walking distance. Also, not to alarm anyone, but there are alligators in the lake, it is Savannah afterall. They stayed in the lake and I stayed on the land, away from them. They never bothered me or anyone else. I had two small dogs with me and it was a pleasant stay for them. There was ample space in the back for them to walk. The pet fee was very reasonable. Overall, it was a postive experience and I feel I got my money's worth. The rates were very reasonable.

1  Thank JasperRain
Reviewed June 29, 2010

This has been the third year in a row we have stayed at this Wingate. We stop here for one night on our way to Florida. This hotel is nice, its clean and its quiet. When we arrive here, we know our vacation has started. My children love the pool and the breakfast in the morning is pretty good. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2010

We arrived on Sunday June 20th while eating out at FATZ (do not recommend this restaurant,,, Try Cheddars instead) a storm came thro and lighting hit the hotel. So that started the adventure. We had to move rooms that night 3 times, because that lighting caused alot of thing to go out. I love this hotel because we have booked here before. Over all with all of the disconnects from the storm we had a great time and stay. We booked 2 rooms one for the kids and one for me and hubby. Nice area near the airport and convenient to several locations downtown Savannah, Tybee Island, SC and Brunswick. Enjoy

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family