“GREAT tour!!”

Architectural Tours of Savannah
Ranked #1 of 147 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: You don't have to be an architect to enjoy the Architectural Tours of Savannah with Jonathan Stalcup. He is author and holds a Master of Architecture degree from SCAD. Jonathan not only knows his stuff design-wise, he makes it really easy for the average tourist to understand how Savannah was born and grew into the beautiful and beautifully singular city it is. He not only stops and points, he brings along visual aids to help you understand how a particular building or square evolved. You won't be bored or even tired- the tour progresses (and walks) through hundreds of years of history at leisurely pace.
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Jonathan, the owner and guide behind Architectural Tours of Savannah, really knows his stuff! We had a great walking tour and learned so much. It was educational but never dull and paced just right for a 90 minute tour. Jonathan is very passionate about his subject matter and I would highly recommend to anyone interested the city's beautiful architecture! Very enjoyable!!!

1  Thank muszekfan

Reviewed September 18, 2012

My friend and I were thrilled with Jonathan Stalcup's architectural tour of Savannah in September 2012.. He is engaging, focused and quite knowledgeable about architectural history in general. He is a 2004 graduate of the SCAD Architecture program, and you can hear this background knowledge as he leads the tour. I would love to walk through the entire Savannah historic district with Jonathan!

2  Thank VATam
Reviewed September 15, 2012

This was the first walking/architectural tour I ever took while vacationing. It was incredibly informative, professional, interesting and fun. We loved it!! In my travels since this tour, I seek out walking tours because the service and knowledge you get from a local expert is unsurpassed. I compare all the tours in my mind to Johnathan's tour in Savannah. It's true what they say: "You never forget your first!". And Architectural Tours of Savannah still ranks number one in my book!!

(Actually took this tour in January 2011 but never got around to reviewing Savannah until now.)

1  Thank VABEACH_LISA
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We took Jonathan's tour on 9/3 and it was well worth it. He gave a clear and concise history of Savannah, timeline and examples of pertinent architecuture. What could have been a muddy rambling was presented in a way everyone could understand and enjoy. It was obvious that Jonathan really knows his stuff and could have spent hours on one site alone. We would highly recommend to everyone visiting Savannah!

1  Thank beersnob75
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Jonathan provides a great timeline of the history of Savannah by
taking you to examples of the area's architecture on a walking tour.
It takes about 90 minutes. I would take this tour before going to
see the various homes in the area.

1  Thank Shrinkrapped