Review Highlights
I learned so much!

Jonathan gave us a fabulous tour of some of the historic buildings in Savannah. I loved hearing... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Eloise H
Sugar Loaf, New York, United States
Fabulous walking tour!

Jonathon gave us an excellent overview of the architecture and history of the Savannah Historic... read more

Reviewed 5 weeks ago
J6427IJjenniferh
Lockport

Recommended experiences in and around Savannah
from $19.99
from $55.00
from $25.00
from $25.00
More Info
All reviews jonathan's tour jonathan stalcup walking tour architectural information great tour architecture tour better understanding subject matter his passion his knowledge savannah history ask questions highly recommend this tour enjoyable tour highlight of our trip great overview beautiful city
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My friend and I were thrilled with Jonathan Stalcup's architectural tour of Savannah in September 2012.. He is engaging, focused and quite knowledgeable about architectural history in general. He is a 2004 graduate of the SCAD Architecture program, and you can hear this background knowledge as he leads the tour. I would love to walk through the entire Savannah historic district with Jonathan!

2  Thank VATam
Reviewed September 15, 2012

This was the first walking/architectural tour I ever took while vacationing. It was incredibly informative, professional, interesting and fun. We loved it!! In my travels since this tour, I seek out walking tours because the service and knowledge you get from a local expert is unsurpassed. I compare all the tours in my mind to Johnathan's tour in Savannah. It's true what they say: "You never forget your first!". And Architectural Tours of Savannah still ranks number one in my book!!

(Actually took this tour in January 2011 but never got around to reviewing Savannah until now.)

Date of experience: January 2012
1  Thank VABEACH_LISA
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We took Jonathan's tour on 9/3 and it was well worth it. He gave a clear and concise history of Savannah, timeline and examples of pertinent architecuture. What could have been a muddy rambling was presented in a way everyone could understand and enjoy. It was obvious that Jonathan really knows his stuff and could have spent hours on one site alone. We would highly recommend to everyone visiting Savannah!

1  Thank beersnob75
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Jonathan provides a great timeline of the history of Savannah by
taking you to examples of the area's architecture on a walking tour.
It takes about 90 minutes. I would take this tour before going to
see the various homes in the area.

1  Thank Shrinkrapped
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Loved starting on Chippewa Sq. It was my first experience in Savannah and what better way to obtain how and why the city was built and by whom with a progression of how the city grew and its architecture. Jonathan is spot on and gears his tour to his audience. He is polished and well versed in his craft and witty too! What more can I say except arrive early and have an espresso or latte at Gallery Espresso Cafe on the square while sipping it perhaps in the same spot where Forest Gump pondered life and compared it to a box of chocolates...

1  Thank Tangaroa