“Keep Walking!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Anna's - City Market - CLOSED

Anna's - City Market
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Quaint Italian restaurant located in the heart of City Market. Offering fresh local seafood accompanied by homemade sauces that have been passed down for 75 years from generation to generation. Outdoor seating allows you to enjoy all the splendor of Savannah's City Market and nightly entertainment. Adequately priced to assist when dining on a budget. Great for a group of friends to gather before descending on Savannah's night-life (which is in close proximity to the restaurant). Daily specials created just for that not on the menu type of person. Dog friendly, so bring along Fido. Beverages available to accompany your meal include beers, wine cappuccinos, lattes and espressos. To close out your dining experience, top it all off with a delectable dessert such as homemade cannoli, key lime pie, chocolate cake and more.
Balsam, North Carolina, United States
“Keep Walking!!!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Don't even bother with this place. One of the servers hit my friend with a chair while moving tables around. He offered no apology or compensation. It took forever to get our food. At least 3 tables sat after us and got their food before us. I asked for no onions on my pizza and it was covered in onions. Their 'thin homemade pizza crust' is not thin nor does it taste homemade. Don't bother with this place, keep walking to Vinnie Van Go Go's Pizza around the corner.

Visited March 2013

Flourtown, Pennsylvania
“Good Burger, nice staff”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We ducked into Anna's to get out of the rain and were very happy with our lunch. My husband had what he said was one of the best burgers he'd ever eaten. I had a wonderful fried fish sandwich with "German" potato salad. (I added the quote marks because this was definitely not German, but it was delicious nonetheless.) There is a nice outside eating area and hopefully the next time we come to Savannah the weather will cooperate so we can eat outside.

Visited February 2013
Atlanta
“Avoid!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Dirty, sticky, bad smell. Wrong choice. One would expect that Savannah historic downtown is free of such places. Too bad for us for many. Good location deserving better restaurateur. Avoid if you can!

Jacksonville, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not horrible, not great”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

my wife had a cheeseburger, which she loved, but it's pretty hard to screw that up. i went for a calzone, which was recommended by a friend. i was dissapointed, but it wasnt the worst calzone ive ever had. other persons in our party were satisfied with the meal. Service was fine, no problems there. my dealbreaker was the she crab soup. it was horrible. the taste of sherry was so overpowering i could not taste anything else. i would have thought at a restaurant like that the crab soup would have been at least as good as what i get at Publix, but not so. A little more surprised they did not take it off the bill since i voiced my displeasure, but at least it was only 5 bucks.

Would have rather spent my afternoon and lunch somewhere else. next rrip to savannah we wont be back.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Robert P
“Awful”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I have never written a review for any place in my life, but I feel compelled to write one for Anna's. The food was really bad. We ordered the seafood sampler. The fried scallops and fish were bitter tasting. The rice pilaf had 1/4 of an inch of butter in the bottom. The guy next to us ran out of the restaurant to throw up because the food he ate was raw. They took 5.00 off his tab. Hope you don't have to go to the bathroom while you are there. There isn't one. I'll never eat here again.