“Such poor food for so great a location”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Anna's - City Market - CLOSED

Anna's - City Market
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Quaint Italian restaurant located in the heart of City Market. Offering fresh local seafood accompanied by homemade sauces that have been passed down for 75 years from generation to generation. Outdoor seating allows you to enjoy all the splendor of Savannah's City Market and nightly entertainment. Adequately priced to assist when dining on a budget. Great for a group of friends to gather before descending on Savannah's night-life (which is in close proximity to the restaurant). Daily specials created just for that not on the menu type of person. Dog friendly, so bring along Fido. Beverages available to accompany your meal include beers, wine cappuccinos, lattes and espressos. To close out your dining experience, top it all off with a delectable dessert such as homemade cannoli, key lime pie, chocolate cake and more.
Northern Virginia
“Such poor food for so great a location”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

The only thing good about this place is the location and outside dining. Even the house salad is bad. Chicken parmesan served over Alfredo pasta, really. Pizza served on soggy bread, all are things you should avoid. It was a shame it was our last meal in Savannah, a town of great food.

1 Thank medsalesguy

Montgomery, Alabama
“By far the worst restaurant I've ever been to... Two thumbs down!! 👎👎”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

If the old moldy rag smell doesn't clue you to run while you can, the service, atmosphere and food sure will!!
There's a horrible old stench that hits you in the face right when you walk in. The inside only seats about 18-20 people. It's an "Italian" restaurant but really gives Italian food a bad name!!
The service was horrible. After being seated we waited about 15 minutes before someone took our drink order. Then not only in the beginning but throughout our dining experience, we had to ask the waitor ourselves to please refill our drinks.
The atmosphere is creepy and dirty. The floor looked as if it had been building up grime and dirt for God knows how long. Probably why it stinks in there so badly!! Not to mention the floor was slippery, not the wet kind of slippery but the greasy kind of slippery. I can't tell you how badly I just wanted to run without bring rude.
The food, ok I know I shouldn't say this but I'm going to anyways, the food (if that's what you wanna call it) was as if someone was in the kitchen trying to learn how to cook for the first time. My husband had ordered the Cajun chicken and it was not seasoned with anything. Seriously the chef (using that word loosely as I think he/she needs to earn the title) needs to learn what salt and pepper is!! It was just bland. Like really, do the workers even eat there?? I had ordered their "special" fish and grits and my fish was stinky and grits were lumpy as if they had been sitting out for a long time. Honestly this place needs to be gifted a whole barrel of salt and pepper. They need to learn what seasoning really is. I couldn't even take five bites and had to ask the waitor to change it out for the veggie pizza. The pizza actually had some seasoning but guess what, it was all soggy. I was so grossed out!! I hate to complain about food because there are so many people out there who don't have it but seriously if I'm gonna pay to have a sit down dinner at a restaurant, and leave a tip, I expect decent food in return.
I thought the restaurant I ate at in San Antonio, TX. At the River Walk was the worst ever but no Anna's has by far won this title!!
Go eat there at your own risk. I know how to cook and what good food taste like and let me tell you, this food is like on another planet, not even close.
This restaurant needs Robert Irvine to redo the whole place and teach the cook how to cook.

Savannah
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly southern Hospitality & GREAT FOOD!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

We lucked out with good weather so sitting outside was perfect. Our waiter was friendly and didn't miss a lick. The blackened chicken had tons of flavor and their sautéed veggies were AMAZING! If you're a vegetarian watch out because the veggies had bacon. We totally scored on this one!

Columbia, SC
“Astoundingly Bad Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Typically, if a restaurant doesn't pass muster with me, I will leave it alone. I prefer to promote those places that are worth my time as well as yours. The service at Anna's at City Market in Savannah, however, was so bad that I felt compelled to share the experience...and hopefully get the place to improve, (or close).

Over the weekend, my wife and I traveled to Savannah with my teen daughter and her friend to celebrate our daughter's birthday. We made the mistake of visiting Anna's at City Market without consulting the reviews. Shame on us.

While we were seated promptly, our waiter took his time getting to us for a drink order, then got it wrong, bringing, (and charging for) an unordered glass of wine. We placed our food order, then waited well over 30 minutes without the waiter even checking on us. When we finally got his attention and asked what the hold up was, he gave us attitude. We asked for the manager, who didn't say a word when we voiced our dissatisfaction.

Miraculously, moments later our food appeared. We asked the surly waiter for silverware, which still hadn't made it to our table. He brought two sets for the four of us, "Sorry, that's all we have,' as he tossed them down in front of us. While we were eating, the dishwasher brought out a clean rack of silverware and the manager began sorting it at a nearby vacant table. We had to specifically ask the manager again for silverware and napkins. She leaned across the other table to hand it to me.

We received no apology for the delay or attitude, or for the overcharge on the extra glass of wine. The staff was completely indifferent to how we felt as customers.

Despite all of this, the food was quite tasty. It's a shame that the customer facing staff was so incompetent.

Avoid this place if you don't want to treated as an annoyance. They'll either be forced to improve their customer service or go away.

• Visited December 2012
Savannah, GA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't even bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Nobody seems to even be running the place. The waiter can't even answer if we need to seat ourselves or not.

After having to flag down a waitress who seemed quite content to let us sit there perpetually, we ordered our food and then received it in approximately 20 minutes.
The food is decent at best. Just that... decent.

We saw no less than 3 groups of people simply get up and leave due to either being ignored or not ever having their food show up. There are approximately 6 tables inside and 5-6 outside and for the 4-5 waiters, they should have easily had this mastered. Seemed pure apathy.

The price is about 3-4 times as much as they should expect for service and food like this.
Don't even bother.