“Great location; good value”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Savannah
Whitaker-Huntingdon Inn
Ranked #20 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 22, 2009

Facing Savannah's principal park, this Inn offers good value in an excellent location - for those seeking self-contained accommodation for up to 4. The ground-floor suite has its own entrance, eat-in kitchen, small livingroom and two bedrooms (queen beds) each with ensuite bathroom. The owners are attentive, stocking the fridge daily with breakfast items: juice, milk, yogurt, jams and muffins. Coffee and tea are also in the well-stocked kitchen where you could make a meal if so inclined.

More luxurious Inns abound in Old Savannah, but this one offers better value in more modest conditions.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Whitaker-Huntingdon Inn

Reviewed April 25, 2008

My first trip to Savannah was just wonderful. I am a female and travel alone a great deal and the Whitaker-Huntingdon Inn was a real find for me. Just off Forsythe Park, one mile from the River Front, the location could not have been better. The walks around Savannah were always just great. Bill and Debbie were wonderful hosts. Bill actually drove me to Bonaventure Cemetary and gave me a tour of the famous cemetary where Johnny Mercer is buried. He went above and beyond. The room I stayed in was the Gordon Stewart Suite on the second floor of the house. There was a small kitchen attached. Breakfast food was in the refridgerator along with boxed cereal and fresh fruit. There was also a full cooktop, microwave and coffee maker. I actually warmed up leftovers one night and ate at the table that overlooks the park - really nice after 10 hours of walking around. I like this set up for breakfast because I could sleep in and not have to set my alarm for breakfast - I could eat on my own schedule. No there wasn't a gourmet breakfast every morning but I never missed that - I preferred getting the sleep I wanted and being on my own schedule. The room also has an attached second bedroom which if you are traveling with friends or family is great. There is one bathroom with a fab claw tub that has a shower and the water is good and hot. Plus the bathroom is BIG not tiny with plenty of towels. The bed was comfortable. I didn't mind the traffic noise because at night it goes away. Staying here was like having my own apartment.

I have stayed at fancier places but I really loved the charm and hospitality of Bill and Debbie's Inn. Plus the price is very very reasonable.

They both suggested I eat at the Olde Pink House. Don't miss that! Most amazing meal I had in Savannah without too much sticker shock when the check is presented.

I'm going back with friends next year. Great find.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
4  Thank divineMsMac
Reviewed February 12, 2008

This was by far the best accommodation I've strayed at in my many trips to Savannah. The house itself is charming, and only a 15-20 minute walk from the riverwalk. The rooms were decorated beautifully. THe kitchenette was adorable, and stocked with several different types of cereal, bread, homemade pound cake, bagels (even multigrain!), croissants, cream cheese, butter, juice, milk, coffee and several different types of tea. There were so many thoughtful touches, such as tons of menu cards for local restaurants and take-out options, and magazines. The dinnerware was pleantiful. The bathrooms were also very clean, with a plethora of fresh towels.
What truly made the visit was the owner, Bill. He and his wife run the place. My flight was delayed (of course) so I arrived at the door at 12:30am. Bill stayed up and carried my sizable suitcase up stairs. He was so kind and accommodating to my friends and I - a truly hospitable gentleman. I don't particularly care for Savannah, and was in town for an annual conference, but I will probably return for pleasure just because the place was so cute - a home away from home, but cleaner and nicer!

Stayed: February 2008