“Excellent location, wonderful hosts, beautiful rooms.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Whitaker-Huntingdon Inn

Whitaker-Huntingdon Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Savannah
Whitaker-Huntingdon Inn
Ranked #20 of 31 Savannah B&B and Inns
Buckeye Land
“Excellent location, wonderful hosts, beautiful rooms.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2011

My husband, his parents and I stayed at the Whitaker-Huntingdon Inn and loved it! We had the opportunity to stay in two different suites and enjoyed both. The upstairs two bedroom suite had picturesque views of Forsythe Park down below. The first floor Taylor-Dunne suite provided more of an apartment type stay. Both were decorated with beautiful furnishings and were very comfortable. There was always parking available and the owners provided lots of information as to what to do and see while visiting Savannah. I would definitely stay here again and feel confident in recommending this beautiful home to any one traveling to Savannah. :)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
maitland, fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this Inn for our tenth anniversary for 3 nights. We previously enjoyed our 5th (Amethyst Garden) and 7th (Hamilton Turner) anniversaries in Savannah at different Inns. The rooms are spacious, clean, well appointed, quiet, right across the street from the largest park, and within walking distance to the river (We walked down to the river several times). Although, we did not stay in the room complained of in the one bad review, I did have a chance to inspect the room and found it to be very nice, and overlooks the beautiful Forsythe Park. Do not allow the one disgruntled reviewer to dissuade from selecting the Whitaker-Huntingdon Inn. In fact, due to our late reservations, we stayed in two different rooms and both were very clean with well stocked refrigerators, and spacious. This Inn is by far the BEST value in Savannah and I can be a critical reviewer. My wife had reservations after coming across the bad review but she was equally impressed with this Inn Thank you Bill and Debbie for your hospitality. Bill is a Savannah native and former Savannah city planner and can provide you invaluable insight and advice during your stay in Savannah.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2011

My husband and I had a wonderful time at the Inn. We stayed there for 2 nights to celebrate our 18th Anniversary. The Inn is located across from Forsyth Park and our room looked out over the park. Bill was a great innkeeper. He had fresh flowers in our room and even made us a cake for the occasion. He is full of knowledge about the area and will help you with finding things to do and where to go. He is very accommodating and even offered to go to the grocery store for any special items we would want. We are already planning on going back this summer. I would recommend to anyone going to Savannah to stay at the Inn.

• Stayed March 2011
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2011

When we pulled up to the Whitaker-Huntingdon Inn, we were so impressed with the old Victorian architecture and welcoming feeling. The location across from Forsyth Park was perfect for long strolls with my family. The bedrooms were expertly decorated in old Victorian style and we almost expected Mrs. Jane Gordon to come strolling in with some sweet tea! But, since we are living in modern times, my 14 year old son was pleased there was free wi fi so her cold use his laptop to check his facebook page, and my 15 year old daughter was happy there were hairdryers. The kitchen was a perfect size for all of us to sit down and enjoy the continental style breakfast of yogurt, croissants, bagels, fresh fruit, pound cake, orange juice, milk, coffee & tea that Bill & Debbie provided. During the day, we explored historic Savannah, while Bill & Debbie cleaned our room & restocked our refrigerator; always asking if we needed or wanted anything special for that day. And in the evening we sat in the quaint living room for a glass of wine, cheese & crackers that we bought at the grocery store around the corner. We then went out on foot, to explore the vast night life of Savannah. We had a wonderful time bonding with each other again & are already planning our next trip to Savannah & the Whitaker-Huntingdon Inn!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ColleenJack
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2010

The website fooled us! My husband and I have a tradtion of staying at a B & B every anniversary. This by far was the worst one we've ever stayed in. An overflow of touristy brochure's took away from the quaint attempt of the room. Besides not having enough toiletries and too many cheap plumbing fixtures the bathroom floor had wood rot around the toilet and a roach to kill as well. The lighting and furniture for the entire room was decorated in "attempted to look antique" 1970's kistch. A real let-down was the fireplace! It was Scotch Taped with plexi-glass so as unable to use. Windows only had rollershades and the main lighting was an unaccessible 1970's fan that rocked back and forth and was covered in dust! Even though Mr. Saxman read over a map and was kind enough to accommodate a late check-in, it did not make up for a lousy room! Really do your homework on better B & B's or stay a good hotel! Savannah is too great to miss and the ctiy's AMAZING HISTORY and rich architectural eye-candy is must see!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Getawayfan
Regina, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2010

We have recently returned from our first trip to Savannah Georgia. Prior to the trip I looked around on the internet and decided we wanted to stay in the Historic District instead of in a hotel. I wanted to experience the charm of the old homes so I looked at Bed and Breakfasts. I went with Bill and Debbie, because of the polite and honest way they answered my questions. I am so happy we did. Instead of staying for 3 nights in a hotel, we felt like we were staying in a neat little apartment, right across from Forsyth Park. I really liked the fact that the continental breakast was all items in your own suite as there is a kitchen. The items included milk, juice, bottled waters, fresh fruits, cereals, bagels, crossiants, porridges. I love peaches and one day came home to a surprise of a little note with some homemade little peach pies that were delicious.
We loved our room and I absolutely enjoyed eating my breakfast as I sat in the bayed out window on the 2nd floor of this charming 1883 built colonial home.

Bill and Debbie are southern delights and we enjoyed talking to them several times.
We plan on returning for many more visits and if you are looking for some place to stay that is out of the ordinary ( hotel chains) and want clean, safe and a fabulous location in the home of some really good people, this is the place.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank CanuckThree
Horseheads, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2010

This inn is located across the street from Forsythe Park in a wonderful residential area - much more interesting than in a more commercial area consisting of restaurants and chain hotels. The owner has converted his house into an Inn with two suites - it feels like you're staying at a friend's house. Twelve foot ceilings, wonderful period decorations, furnishings, flooring, etc. Very comfortable sleeping - our suite had two queen-size poster beds. There is a kitchen area stocked with breakfast foods, which is very convenient, as well as all the appliances you might need to prepare and enjoy any meal you want - there is a grocery just down the street. Overall a great place to stay if you want to experience Savannah up close.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family