Historic Summit Inn
$71
Fairfield Inn Uniontown(Uniontown)(Great Value!)
$94
$75
$90
Hampton Inn Uniontown(Uniontown)(Great Value!)
$109
$104
Hampton.com
$68
$139
$79
Yough Valley Motel(Friendsville)(Great Value!)
$75
$130
$110
$109
$93
All reviewsfalling wateroutdoor poolgrand porchcrab cakesthe chicken pot piefrank lloyd wrightfront porchhuge fireplacepiece of historykentuck knobping pongrocking chairslaurel cavernsnational roadwhite water raftingfort necessityrooms are comfortable
Reviewed August 15, 2010

I recently went to the Inn for a Wedding reception and all of the guests stayed over night. While the reception was a lot of fun my other experience at the hotel was poor. Our room was clean, however, the door would not lock properly. I called the front desk who said they would fix this problem and no one ever came. My room remained unlocked for the rest of the evening. The next morning I went to breakfast in their dining area. I am a big fan of eggs benedict and when I saw it on the menu I decided to order it. My meal was brought to me with the eggs hardboiled. I told the waitress that traditionally egg benedict was served with 'runny' eggs. She brought me another meal 15 minutes later and while the eggs were now 'runny' they also had egg shells in them. I explained this problem to the waitress and she acted as though I was being out of line. My meal ended up costing over 20 dollars which seemed to me to be way too expensive. We spent over an hour and 15 minutes having breakfast because the service was so slow and many other customers experienced this slow service. While the view was nice and the wedding reception was enjoyable the rest of the stay at this hotel was less than satisfactory. I would recommend not eating there although it may be unavoidable considering it is in the middle of nowhere. If you are a person who is going to Fallingwater for a vacation, I would recommend staying at 7 springs.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank MoBrennan
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Whatever I say in this review, my family had a great time at Summit Inn and will remember it far beyond any recollection of Marriotts and Hamptons. We booked it because we like historic hotels and because we were going to nearby Fallingwater. Our expectations were not high after reading the reviews. We got there in the evening and found the large front terraces packed with diners and drinkers, listening to a mellow acoustic guitar player and watching the end of a great sunset over a wonderful valley view. We hauled six bags up a dozen front steps and into the great old historic lobby which exceeded expectations. The front desk ladies were locals who helped at every chance during our stay and check-in went quickly. We hauled the bags up another couple dozen steps to the second floor and then down some more steps to the room. I was kind of surprised they didn't have a kid to offer help hauling. I am a strong guy but multiple trips with heavy bags packed for a long road trip, got old. We took a look at the freshly painted and very clean room and small bath - it looked fine - and we went down to join the fun on the terrace and had a great time. The food was surprisingly fine and the service really nice and helpful. We toured the grounds and walked around the immense old pool where Johnny Weismuller (Tarzan) worked out decades ago. We played ping pong in the old game room and poked our way around the old hotel, peering into immense empty ballrooms and down long historic corridors. Our only real complaint was the mattress quality. With my wife and I in the double bed, there was a depression in the middle. We did sleep but if the owner reads these, I'd recommend she consider mattress upgrade when budget permits. Despite the inconveniences, I am very glad we booked the Summit and we will long remember our family time there.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2010

It's an old hotel with a fabulous view. The rooms are clean, yet definitely not updated. No elevators, which seemed to bother a lot of other guests; however, I can't imagine someone visiting this part of the country and NOT intending to do something physical (either hiking, biking, rafting, exploring the Frank Lloyd Wright properties). The veranda is really spectacular, great views of sunsets, and the outdoor pool is very nice. The restaurant was average - breakfast was better than dinner. Prices were reasonable - remember, you're in very rural country with few options.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HomeAgain50
Reviewed July 14, 2010

You can tell The Summit was a Grande Dame in it's day, but it's definitely showing its age. I appreciate what the current owners are doing on what is probably a shoestring budget, but if you expect a hotel with all the latest amenities and everything new, then this isn't the hotel for you. When traveling on business, I try to stay in historic hotels when I can and will say that the Summit is on par for other hotels in it's price range. If you like historic hotels, I suggest you give the Summit a try. I didn't find the restaurant food to be high end, but quite acceptable. Best part was sitting in wicker chair on porch, with martini, as sun set over mountains.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Pyrat40
Reviewed July 12, 2010

The hotel was interesting. The room was clean but needed some repairs.

The restaurant had terrible service. I had to change my reservation time at Falling Water because the breakfast service was so slow. I got very sick and was up all night as a result of the chicken pot pie. The next morning I was served spoiled milk for cereal. I reported being sick to the staff, but they didn't seem very concerned and offered no reparation.

The noise from the adjacent highway is very loud, caused by many semis struggling up a very steep incline.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family