“One of the most serene places in the mountains in PA” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stone House Restaurant

Stone House Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 18 Restaurants in Farmington
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“One of the most serene places in the mountains in PA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I often like to take leisurely drives and one of the places I love to go is in Farmington, PA. The Historic Stone House restaurant is a place I have had lunch with my lady friends at, drinks and dinner with my husband, and I have gone alone. It is situated in the mountains of PA where you can relax in the old style decor and reminisce about what days gone by were like. It is quite affordable and I have ordered anything that i didn't like! It is close to the Summit Inn (another FABulous place) and several attractions such as Fallingwater and Kentuck Knob, two historical and beautiful homes that you can tour.

Sellersburg, Indiana
“Stone House Inn needs an overhaul.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

This place is "Way" past its better days. The food is lousy. The service is comparable. What is going on with this place? It used to be a nice place with good food. Now, it is nothing more than another bar with overrated food. The other day, I ordered Stuffed Banana Peppers as an appetizer. And what I got was a mess of a dish. It looked liked the cook got mad at the peppers and slew it with tomato sauce. BAD-BAD-BAD. The other appetizer that was ordered was sushi. Seriously? Was this the best you could come up for your idea of sushi? A roll of 99.9% rice and a 0.01% of tuna? Returned to sender!!

Next, my meal came out to me. Except is was not my meal. Another Stone House blunder. Please hear me, my fellow Tripadvisors. This place is just not what you'd expect from a place that was "once" known as a great place to go. But that was then...and this is now. You want to get some great food with superb service while up in that area? Go down to Caporella's Italian Ristorante in downtown Uniontown, Pa. Very well worth the short 8 mile drive down off the mountain.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Mansfield,, OH
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great meal, beautiful old building”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We recently had dinner at the Stone House while on vacation at the nearby Nemacolin Woodlands resort. While the restaurants at Nemacolin are very good to great, they can also be very crowded when the hotel is full so we weren't able to get a reservation early enough to suit our two children. Finding the Stone House was a stroke of luck, and we will be back on our next vacation! The menu is extensive and varied, and all of our entrees were great. The Buffalo wings appetizer we shared was terrific (we tried two different styles, both delicious but the hot and bleu was really memorable). The only disappointment was the crab mac & cheese side that my daughter ordered. It looked great but the taste was just not to our liking. Still, everything else, including the house made bread, was really really good, and our server was friendly and helpful. We were even allowed to take a walk upstairs to tour the vacant rooms in the Inn, all of which were beautifully restored and decorated in period style.
I would definitely recommend a visit to the Stone Mill Inn and Restaurant.

Fajardo,PR
“Not a great experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Our experience was not the best at this location. When we got to the location, it said to come in through the tavern door, where we had to ask where we could be seated. Finally, someone answered and told us to go through another door where we were finally seated. After a long while, the waitress came to our table and asked if we were all ready to order the food, we had not even ordered the drinks. The fried zucchini was very oily and not crispy and she brought two orders of side salads when we only ordered one. The meats were not bad at all. All in all, we might probably not be coming back.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Baltimore, Maryland
“Expertly Prepared Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Took a snowy Sunday drive specifically to visit the Stone House Inn. It seemed to be a local favorite as there were quite a few folks at the bar as we walked in.
I had the Pecan Encrusted Rainbow trout fillet which was simply amazing! It was accompanied by creamy Parmesan risotto and lovely julienne roasted vegetables. Quite simply the best fish I have had in ages!
Hubby had the "smaller portion" prime rib, which was expertly prepared and tender. The buttermilk mashed potatoes and roasted veggies were well received by him as well.
Our server was knowledgeable and extremely helpful. Iced teas were FRESH and delicious...always a sign of better things to come.
We can't wait to return!

• Visited March 2013